It used to be a relatively cool summer ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > It used to be a relatively cool summer ...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 08-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

It used to be a relatively cool summer ...

According to weather.com this afternoon, the average high temperature for the last 10 days of August in my (Henderson) zip code will be over 105 F. We had such a nice, relatively cool summer going, but nature has caught up with us. I have a bunch of trails that I've got lined up to go hit once the weather starts cooling down, and I bet a bunch of you are in the same boat. I'm wondering what you guys are dying to do once it gets cooler.

As for me, I really want to go spend some serious time out in Gold Butte. It'll take several trips of concentrated jeeping to hit everything out there I want to hit, but I am planning on hitting it hard once the nights get a bit cooler. I also have a bunch of trails in the AZ side of the Lake Mead Rec Area that I want to try out as well.

What about you guys? Do you have anything you're looking forward to doing?

davidsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

personally I have been spending a bunch of time at higher elevations trying to beat the heat. I cannot wait until the temps come down some and I can take the top off without killing the kids.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I keep wanting to take a long weekend and head up to the mountains in White Pine County, but haven't found the right time to do it.
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Tell me about it. I did find out that the Brain Head Lodge's website http://www.grandlodgebrianhead.com/ lists the current temp on their homepage. It always makes me daydream after going outside.
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Right?

Luckily I've been basking in the AC of my lil work truck, but these past two days I drove the waggy a bit and it was brutal.

However, the truck doesnt even get close to gett ing "hot" in these temperatures, I'm pretty psyched about that, seeing that my work has paid off. When its 112 out it still only runs at 195*.

Today I dropped it off at my mechanic on Hot Rod Hill in henderson, only to realize I had no ride. Hoofed it to Sierra Gold on warm springs. I was soaked by the time I got there.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

we should all try to go camping up in the spring mountains. Last weekend while I was tooling around up there I found out about Macks canyon, it is off of Lee canyon before you get to 158. the main camp area is 4 miles off of Lee canyon and there was a bunch of little camping spots off of the dirt road.

It is all primitive camping, but it is free and up above 7500 ft, so it should be much cooler than the valley.
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I did Macks Canyon back in July. The main road won't challenge any of our rigs, but there are a few side roads that were more interesting. And you're right. There were a lot of really good looking camping spots along the road. Somebody screwed up programming the GPS in my JK, though. It shows up as Max Canyon Road.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.