Urgent: Good Reputable Shop Needed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Urgent: Good Reputable Shop Needed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-01-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
JZJ22
1995 ZJ 

Zj Urgent: Good Reputable Shop Needed

Hey guys I'm kind of in dire straights and need a shop that can replace my exhaust manifold among a few other things so that I can get it registered. I live near UNLV but I can hobble my jeep to anywhere You guys can recommend. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

JZJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Ive delt with a few shops throughout town but most that I trusted are now closed. The company I work for uses dollar automotive. His mother is a client of mine and they seem pretty good. The only problem is that they are soo busy it can take a while to get you in. What I would recommend is using the forum and making the repairs your self. What do you need fixed.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #3
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure how much work they do with exhaust, but I've had several great experiences with Adam's Driveshaft (in Henderson).

They did my gears/lockers, and then helped me get my diff cover off for no charge when i couldn't get a busted bolt. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with 4.88's and one of the guys let me drive his personal Jeep around so I could get a feel for them and decide if I wanted them or not. I know several other people in my club have had good experiences there. He also frequently comes out and wheels with us (has a rubi, a ZJ and i Yj i THINK).

If he can't do the work I am sure he could suggest someone who could:

http://www.adamsdriveshaft.com/home
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
Tigerjeep79

1979 CJ7 

Adams Driveshaft is a great, GREAT shop. I don't know if they'll do what you're looking for. If they don't, try Duane's Automotive. They're just off Boulder Highway and (I think) Basic. You can look them up; they've been around for like 50 years. Family business, good people.
Tigerjeep79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #5
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ted Wiens 4X4 at Oakey and Vegas Blvd has a good reputation. Not any of the Ted Wiens locations. The only one I can vouch for is the one on Oakey.

They've done so much work for me. The last time I went in, I went in for something I thought was covered under warranty. Turned out to be something else and I was really stressing the cost. Robert, the manager, called his wife to see if they had the money to cover my bill. I wouldn't have accepted it, but I was amazed someone would even make that offer. He renewed my faith in people.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #6
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I work for GM/ACDelco as a rep for the aftermarket. I deal will all the shops Mentioned and all are top notch. Mike Dolor's shop I great, so is T&M,Tracy is great. Over in Henderson Imperial on Hot Rod hill Loren is also top notch. Any of them you go to tell them Mike there ACDelco Rep sent you!
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.