Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 83 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #1231
undergroundjeep
1980 CJ7 

Ill be taking the family with me to Potato Ridge Rocky Gap War Machine run Sat.

80 cj7 Jeep 4 seater Buggy - Atlas 4:1, V8, built turbo 400, 800 stall, Art Carr, 4 linked, Bilstein coil overs, 60/14, 5:13, chromo axles, ARBs, 40" stickies, TR bead locks, suck down winches
www.undergrounddiesels.com Las Vegas #1 Diesel repair and performance shop.
undergroundjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #1232
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be at the gun show, then at work on Saturday. Sunday may be open...
Unread 05-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #1233
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I know most everyone is likely working, but running rocky gap tomorrow around lunchtime. Leaving around noon-ish. If there's any interested, I'll come up with a meeting spot.
Unread 05-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #1234
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hoo boy! Rocky gap has gotten worse! Either that, or I picked terrible lines. Either that, or I need to jeep more often! Got really tippy in a bunch of places. Like one foot from driver's side door tippy! Good times. I now realize that "wet your pants" doesn't necessarily mean to urinate yourself. Sweat can do it as well. Rofl! Only damage was some good rubbing on the front diff cover, some good rubbing on the bottom of the rear diff, and some good rock rash on the right rear wheel! Be safe tomorrow, puck!
Unread 05-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #1235
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Hoo boy! Rocky gap has gotten worse! Either that, or I picked terrible lines. Either that, or I need to jeep more often! Got really tippy in a bunch of places. Like one foot from driver's side door tippy! Good times. I now realize that "wet your pants" doesn't necessarily mean to urinate yourself. Sweat can do it as well. Rofl! Only damage was some good rubbing on the front diff cover, some good rubbing on the bottom of the rear diff, and some good rock rash on the right rear wheel! Be safe tomorrow, puck!
"Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times"
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #1236
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Will do, thanks Powr.

I am still working on my buddy's XJ, and probably will be untill 2-3 in the morning getting everything ready.

I will never put tons under my XJ in my garage, EVER! When I come by the funds for tons, I am going straight to Larry and have a professional install the whole thing.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #1237
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

Will do, thanks Powr.

I am still working on my buddy's XJ, and probably will be untill 2-3 in the morning getting everything ready.

I will never put tons under my XJ in my garage, EVER! When I come by the funds for tons, I am going straight to Larry and have a professional install the whole thing.
Why? (Not being sarcastic just wondering)
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #1238
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
"Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times"

Definitely seriously considering 35" tires now. Most of the stuff I rubbed on wouldn't have been an issue with just a little more clearance. That, and me picking the better line!
Unread 05-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #1239
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Definitely seriously considering 35" tires now. Most of the stuff I rubbed on wouldn't have been an issue with just a little more clearance. That, and me picking the better line!
Maybe learn how to drive. I've done potato many times both stock on 31s and lifted on 33s open open and never had a problem with most anything I encountered, even have done it solo a couple times with no spotter.

But when you decide to step up in tire size, because that 1" difference (fully inflated, 1/2" difference aired down) will make a big difference! Haha let me know, I'll buy your grabbers off you since I know what you paid for them! Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #1240
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe next time you go, don't just stick to the trail and run the washes? Let's see a stock jeep on 31's run those washes! That's also a "dynamic" trail, meaning it changes every time it rains and/or snows. Don't pipe up unless you know what you're talking about.
Unread 05-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #1241
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have seen a stock Dodge on 31's bounce through the washes. I think the biggest problem here is your red headlights. They make it difficult for your Jeep to get on the right line. Gayness.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #1242
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
I have seen a stock Dodge on 31's bounce through the washes. I think the biggest problem here is your red headlights. They make it difficult for your Jeep to get on the right line. Gayness.
That's what it was, for sure! Lol
Unread 05-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #1243
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Maybe next time you go, don't just stick to the trail and run the washes? Let's see a stock jeep on 31's run those washes! That's also a "dynamic" trail, meaning it changes every time it rains and/or snows. Don't pipe up unless you know what you're talking about.
I did the first two washes stock on 31s. What now? Haha

And I've done all the way up to the turnout at the ledge in the 4th or 5th wash on 33s. Like I said it is all driver. You can put thousands under the the thing, but if you can't drive it, it won't do what it is capable of doing!

Let me know about that set of 33s! Haha I need a spare set to take with me to South Carolina!
Unread 05-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #1244
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone can type about their suppose conquests of trails, but if you don't show video to prove it, it's just talk. Also, I ran the entire trail on 31's in my rig too. We'll see if there are any comments about the trail's condition from today's run. It's not the same trail it was when I ran it the first time, or when you "ran the first two washes..."
Unread 05-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #1245
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Anyone can type about their suppose conquests of trails, but if you don't show video to prove it, it's just talk. Also, I ran the entire trail on 31's in my rig too. We'll see if there are any comments about the trail's condition from today's run. It's not the same trail it was when I ran it the first time, or when you "ran the first two washes..."
Very true. That trail changes a lot. There are times when it is much easier then other times, just varies by the day.

And as far as video goes, sorry I don't get my rocks off to footage of going 10 mph over some rocks, so I've never needed to film anything. But you can ask people who have wheeled with me, what my jeep and I can do. Ask puck how the rock to the nuts felt in Nelson while he watched me climb the wall the lifted JKs couldn't get up.

Have fun with your go pros and slow mo, rock poses! If I'm watching a video of off-road the truck better be flying and scooting through **** that will make me piss my pants! Haha

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.