Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 75 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #1111
Buschmann
1983 YJ Wrangler 

Slightly off topic but what are some good places close-ish to town that I could go poke around in the Jeep and camp for one night this time of year...family type outing...no serious wheel'n

Buschmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #1112
sirhk100

I personally REALLY like the Nelson hills area in general. Neat canyons to poke in and out of, old mines, some active mines, river access trails, neat scenery, some crawling, some generic dirt road type stuff, etc... If you have a GPS it's handy to get back to camp with cause until you're familiar with the area it's somewhat easy to get twisted around out there after you've gone in and out of a few different canyons.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #1113
Buschmann
1983 YJ Wrangler 

Hmm....I've never been out there off-roading. Is there good places to camp?...maybe along the river? Is there a good map somewhere or does any of you have kmlz files on the area?
Buschmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:21 PM   #1114
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Can always go to carpenter canyon. It may be a bit cold up there though....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #1115
sirhk100

I've never really seen a map of the area. I just know it from years of riding my dirt bike, jeep, explorer and go fast trucks in the area. The couple times I've camped out there, we've always camped right off the highway and explored from there.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=bould...evada&t=h&z=20

This would be another decent spot to camp much further off the highway yet still with a very well maintained access road.

If I was going to camp down at the river itself though, I'd probably shoot for this spot...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #1116
repairman
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Going for a ride on bitter spring road today at 10am. Details http://www.wranglerforum.com/f56/sat...-a-499385.html
repairman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #1117
DriverX
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Alright guys, coworker wants to bring his buggy out on 3/1 on the hardest trails in Logandale. I don't know if I will be in town, but he wants to break his buggy if possible. Coming in from Phoenix with his LS1 powered rock crawler. Anything planned for that Saturday? He said no baby'n his rig this time, he wants to trailer it back haha.

EDIT:
Link to his rig on Four Wheeler
1970 Toyota FJ40
DriverX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #1118
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

No offense to the guys in here, but in my experience not many of the JF folks that frequent this forum have rigs that they take on buggy trails. There may be a few lurking around though -LarryN is usually up for some tough stuff if he can get away from work. That being said, I would consider posting up interest on VV4W and WM702 as well to see if you can scare up a few rigs.. with 3-4 rigs along it should make a good run. I'd be willing to bet Nwtdiesel on WarMachines702 would be interest in tagging along if he has time.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #1119
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
No offense to the guys in here, but in my experience not many of the JF folks that frequent this forum have rigs that they take on buggy trails. There may be a few lurking around though -LarryN is usually up for some tough stuff if he can get away from work. That being said, I would consider posting up interest on VV4W and WM702 as well to see if you can scare up a few rigs.. with 3-4 rigs along it should make a good run. I'd be willing to bet Nwtdiesel on WarMachines702 would be interest in tagging along if he has time.
I'd be down to go too.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #1120
DriverX
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Bonez. I rarely log on here, and rarely hit the trails now. Figured if anyone knows the Logandale area, JF members would.

Puck, if you're in let me know. He isn't familiar with the area but has onboard GPS. I know you are familiar with Logandale. If I'm in town I'll tag, but my XJ isn't capable of those trails.
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #1121
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverX View Post
Thanks Bonez. I rarely log on here, and rarely hit the trails now. Figured if anyone knows the Logandale area, JF members would.

Puck, if you're in let me know. He isn't familiar with the area but has onboard GPS. I know you are familiar with Logandale. If I'm in town I'll tag, but my XJ isn't capable of those trails.
I have only been to Logandale onve, so I don't know it at all. But I want to wheel the hard stuff.
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #1122
DriverX
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

I have only been to Logandale onve, so I don't know it at all. But I want to wheel the hard stuff.
Isn't that where you broke the axle?

Also, can you post this on WM702? Can't access the site from work, apparently they consider it "religious"
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #1123
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverX View Post

Isn't that where you broke the axle?

Also, can you post this on WM702? Can't access the site from work, apparently they consider it "religious"
I broke in nelson
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #1124
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm down if I get mine reassembled by then.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #1125
DriverX
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Where do you usually meet for Logandale runs? He's bringing 4 in his rig, trailering it to the site but it is registered in Arizona so it can be street driven too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.