Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 72 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #1066
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I went through rocky gap today. Lots of snow at the summit. went in through red rock, and should have turned around where the tracks stopped! It was super easy to the point where we all stopped last time, and just got crappy in the rock garden. Someone came up the Pahrump side and turned around right before the summit. I though I would be fine if I just followed the tracks. WRONG! had a couple of hard hits in one section of the washes, and for the most part did ok after that. Until i found the one off camber climb! it leans toward a nice part of the ditch, and was mostly stuck in it for a few minutes. I was finally able to get out of the wash, and get enough momentum to climb up and out of the wash. There were several times where I was seriously sweating it, and I had the windows open! ROFL. Got some probably good video, would have been better if I had pushed record on the second camera before the rocks. D'OH! I'll be working on the edit and hopefully have it posted tonight. It's gonna be embarrassing for me though. Killed the engine a few times, and was just a complete NOOB in the ditch.
You have a winch and were still sweating it? Scared of a little cold?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #1067
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
You have a winch and were still sweating it? Scared of a little cold?
That's how stupid I was! I could have just winched it, and didn't even think about that until I got home! ROFLMFAO!
Unread 11-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #1068
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

At least you had something to winch to. Wheelers pass was slick as hell today.
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #1069
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice vid Powr, but yeah, the entire time I was reading this thread then watching the video I was thinking "was he actually that stupid and went alone?!" yep.. end of the video confirmed it. What were you thinking?

It sure was great looking scenery though, reminds me of a great shot Jared hooked me up with last year.
dsc_0022copy.jpg  
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #1070
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

My best friend is coming in town December 12th thru 16th and I wanted to organize, or join an already planned, run for one day that weekend on the 14th or 15th. I was hoping to hit a more complicated trail then Potato Ridge since Puck and I had good success on 3.5-4 rated trails last weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #1071
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dang, my vacation doesn't start until the 19th, else I would love to join! If I were you I would hit Logandale and do Rock Bottom and Bronco Falls
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #1072
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I looked up some pics and it looks like Logandale is a winner. I don't know the area at all so my next question is what's the elevation there and is there a possibility of snow?
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #1073
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I looked up some pics and it looks like Logandale is a winner. I don't know the area at all so my next question is what's the elevation there and is there a possibility of snow?
Elevation is 1,383ft and that weekend looks like Sunny 50deg high, 35deg low
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #1074
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm assuming since that is lower then us snow is unlikely. Anyone who knows the trails out there available that weekend? Thanks,

Matt
Unread 12-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #1075
sirhk100

I'll have to see how things go between now and then and how that weekend's plans pan out but I'd possibly be up for something on the sunday the 15th up there with the exploder... Can't commit yet though. I don't know the jeep trails up there though, I only know the single track dirt bike stuff that's mostly on top of the ridgelines that most probably don't know exist. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #1076
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm assuming since that is lower then us snow is unlikely. Anyone who knows the trails out there available that weekend? Thanks,

Matt
I know the area fairly well, but unless I get this fixed soon I'm not going anywhere

Unread 12-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #1077
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

I know the area fairly well, but unless I get this fixed soon I'm not going anywhere
241hd upgrade time!!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #1078
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
What happened? What's all that stuff in the t-case oil pickup location
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #1079
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

241hd upgrade time!!
Come one its garza, more like atlas time lol
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #1080
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What happened? What's all that stuff in the t-case oil pickup location
That's metal shavings on the magnet. I destroyed the planetaries in the Tera-Low...(I knew I would, but that's another story) They warrantied it so I will have a like new Tera-low 231 for sale very soon

I'm putting in a 241OR Rubicon case for now....mainly because a buddy had one laying around and I picked it up for a 1/3 cost of an Atlas, and it's way stronger than the Tera stuff it's replacing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.