Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 71 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #1051
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Rocky gap comes out at Lovell canyon road, right?

Barring unforeseen events, I'm planning on running rocky gap from the red rock side Sunday morning with a shoot on the pahrump side after the trail.
Yep, comes out in Lovell Canyon, though most run it backwards to avoid the entry fees.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #1052
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Yep, comes out in Lovell Canyon, though most run it backwards to avoid the entry fees.
Yeah, I know, but my situation on Sunday will require me to run that way. My dad and his new GF may meet me on the back side to shoot, and his vehicle won't make it through rocky gap. If he decides not to meet up, I may change and run backwards too. Will just shoot before the trail is all.
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #1053
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

New girlfriend already?
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #1054
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
New girlfriend already?
Yeah, I was wondering who all would pick up on that!? It's a bit of an issue for me! He's been pushing for me to meet her, and I told him I thought it was too soon for me seeing as it hasn't even been three months, and he flipped out and made some seriously effed up threat about eliminating my family from his life! My wife and I have decided to just meet this person to try an get a sense of what her possible motives may be. I've mostly accepted the role he will be playing in my family moving forward. It's a huge, effed up situation that requires a tremendous amount of backstory. He's a stepfather, so that can provide a diving off point for where the story goes.
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #1055
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Still having a very tough time with everything, and this whole scene has just made it that much worse...
Unread 11-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #1056
Buschmann
1983 YJ Wrangler 

What a great place to air your family laundry ....
Buschmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #1057
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buschmann View Post
What a great place to air your family laundry ....
right!?
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #1058
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Any trail plans for Sunday, anyone?
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:42 PM   #1059
sirhk100

I thought you were doing potato?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #1060
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Was thinking about it, but no one wants to join. Doubt I'll be able to make it to wheeler in time too. My morning has been pre-planned for me! Family sucks sometimes when you have a truck and trailer!
Unread 11-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #1061
sirhk100

curious how much snow would possibly be up there?

Unread 11-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #1062
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
curious how much snow would possibly be up there?
Why don't you come with and find out?
Unread 11-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #1063
sirhk100

Did anyone go up there today?

Unread 11-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #1064
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I went through rocky gap today. Lots of snow at the summit. went in through red rock, and should have turned around where the tracks stopped! It was super easy to the point where we all stopped last time, and just got crappy in the rock garden. Someone came up the Pahrump side and turned around right before the summit. I though I would be fine if I just followed the tracks. WRONG! had a couple of hard hits in one section of the washes, and for the most part did ok after that. Until i found the one off camber climb! it leans toward a nice part of the ditch, and was mostly stuck in it for a few minutes. I was finally able to get out of the wash, and get enough momentum to climb up and out of the wash. There were several times where I was seriously sweating it, and I had the windows open! ROFL. Got some probably good video, would have been better if I had pushed record on the second camera before the rocks. D'OH! I'll be working on the edit and hopefully have it posted tonight. It's gonna be embarrassing for me though. Killed the engine a few times, and was just a complete NOOB in the ditch.
Unread 11-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #1065
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Jeeping video of Rocky Gap from today. This is just the most "interesting" parts. Yeah, this would have sucked going UP!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.