Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 69 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 10-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #1021
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Did wheeler Pass Friday no issues. Then I looked real hard for a Sunday run and came up with Aztec Wash on the Colorado far enough south of the Lake Mead management area. Went in off 95 south of Boulder city via Eldorado Canyon runs a power line maintenance road to the river. Almost directly across from the solar plant.

Came back out up a dry was into Nelson. Halfway up we passed a road closed sign pointed at those coming in. No cops so no issues.

In a state where what 90% of the land is Federal this sucks.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #1022
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just read that law enforcement is issuing tresspass citations to anyone caught on closed areas! That's a big deal. The fine is $100, which really isn't much, but if they push the issue, you could be barred from BLM land, and that would ruin jeeping.
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #1023
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My understanding is that Wheeler is open because it is not National Park land. BLM land is open as long as it is not within city limits. I'm told it is always that way due to the Dust Control Act or some crap. Red Rock is closed, Lake Mead is closed, Mormon Wells is closed.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #1024
sirhk100

You said there was a road closure sign out in the Nelson area? where abouts? Like between nelson and the river or between nelson and top of the climb out of the river valley or? I'm hoping to head out there this weekend and ride the dirt bike. I'm not exactly concerned about getting caught on the bike while riding... But loading and unloading and my parked rig are an easy target. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #1025
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

About halfway down the wash. We were coming back up from Aztec Wash. It was facing the downhill traffic.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #1026
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Saturday is the 100th birthday celebration for the pioneer saloon. Thinking anout riding cottonwood canyon or whatever the hell its called out to goodsprings. We are going to the celebration anyway because they are unveiling the monument but I wanted to see if anybody was up for a mild trail ride out there?
from the chat thread

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #1027
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We're in! Just let us know the time

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #1028
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I would like to join just depends on the timing.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #1029
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Festivities start at noon, other stuff starts before then tho. Apparently they are expecting all kinds of people and bikers and car shows. Should be fun.

Thinking maybe 10am roll out? Doesn't take more than a few hours to do that trail does it?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #1030
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was looking to do a trail this weekend. How mild is mild? I was looking for a little more than gravel roads.
matthew900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #1031
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
I was looking to do a trail this weekend. How mild is mild? I was looking for a little more than gravel roads.
It's a gravel road. One hill climb that I did the first time in 2wd but was scrubbing the whole way, 4wd no slippage

Quote:

Unread 10-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #1032
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Sparkypowers (not very active here, he has that willys that a few of you have seen in my pictures) and I need to do a light shakedown run since this is the first time our rigs have been in the dirt in like 6 months. That's the reason we wanted to take a trail out to goodsprings.

Quote:

Unread 10-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #1033
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Cottonwood had gotten much worse because of the rains. There were a couple places that had washed out. Should be fine by now, but it is definitely worse.
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #1034
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Cottonwood had gotten much worse because of the rains. There were a couple places that had washed out. Should be fine by now, but it is definitely worse.
oh, sweet! 4wd here I come!

And this raises a good question....I wonder if my 4wd works?

Quote:

Unread 10-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #1035
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

10 Am; where's the meet? Just in case I should actually be able to make it...
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.