Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 68 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 10-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #1006
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Whens the next trail run?

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #1007
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodewarsx View Post
I was thinking of taking the kids up to do potato road tmrw. With Red Rock being closed, I was wondering if anybody knows or thinks that the back gate off of Lovell canyon would be locked??
I would drive past it on your way and find out
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #1008
repairman
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodewarsx View Post
I was thinking of taking the kids up to do potato road tmrw. With Red Rock being closed, I was wondering if anybody knows or thinks that the back gate off of Lovell canyon would be locked??
Supposedly there is a $5k fine for trespassing at red rock or lake mead. You may want to call before taking the back door during the federal government shutdown.
repairman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #1009
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Who will fine us if they are shut down?
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #1010
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Hahaha
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #1011
repairman
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Law enforcement is still on duty. I'm not the police, just giving a heads up.
repairman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #1012
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Plus, if you get the BLM trespass, like Ysb says, might as well sell your jeep. Just about everything off-road out here is BLM land.
Unread 10-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #1013
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dave, check the gun thread and let me know if you know anyone who would be interested on that holster.
Unread 10-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #1014
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Correction- for sale thread. Sheesh, can't even remember where I post stuff!
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #1015
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Dave, check the gun thread and let me know if you know anyone who would be interested on that holster.
Don't think so, but I'll keep my ears open..
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #1016
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So as it turns out, it is the BLM who will fine us. I got denied access to public lands twice today and then I lost interest. BLM has canceled all their days off and has to staff all their areas in and around town to prevent us from accessing the great outdoors. Weird how the government is "shut down" but everything is still clicking along like normal. Well, almost like normal. Normal except they won't let us access certain areas of our free country.
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #1017
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Where was this at?
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #1018
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

So as it turns out, it is the BLM who will fine us. I got denied access to public lands twice today and then I lost interest. BLM has canceled all their days off and has to staff all their areas in and around town to prevent us from accessing the great outdoors. Weird how the government is "shut down" but everything is still clicking along like normal. Well, almost like normal. Normal except they won't let us access certain areas of our free country.
It seems right, making the government workers work but not accepting money from the public to gain access to the areas to pay the workers....
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1019
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So essentially, the government is working more efficiently and as required?! Huh, who would have thought that the government could run so well with no funding?(will be paid retroactively, of course)
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #1020
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Where was this at?
First, I tried to go to the west end of Grand Teton and do that trail that goes over to Kyle Canyon road. That didn't last long. Then I went toward Mormon Wells and got turned around there. I talked to that guy for awhile and he said I could do Wheeler, but that was a little far and late in the day. I was then going to go to that area where everyone shoots in the natural pillars/shooting range area just a mile or so past Corn Creek Road, but it looked close enough that the Ranger could see me with binos and I didn't want to press my luck. So I came home. Dejected.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.