Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #916 of 1353 Old 08-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Yeah, yeah. Btw Greg. I caught your slide into that other jeep on video! Can't really tell unless you are really looking for it. You're in the background.


The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #917 of 1353 Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Tell you what. Roll out in the rubi, and I'll see you there! HA!
Tell you what, you buy me a set of plane tickets there and back and I will be there. In the mean time, I'll enjoy the cool weather outdoors here. :flipoff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #918 of 1353 Old 08-10-2013, 11:13 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
haha, I still cannot believe that the guy never even called me with how much of a fit he was throwing on the trail. I could only imagine that he came to his senses after he got home.

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #919 of 1353 Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Tell you what, you buy me a set of plane tickets there and back and I will be there. In the mean time, I'll enjoy the cool weather outdoors here. :flipoff:
I'll enjoy sleeping in in my bed inside the air conditioned house. Then I'll go outside and finish my Jeep projects for the big trip.

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #920 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 01:49 AM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I'll enjoy sleeping in in my bed inside the air conditioned house. Then I'll go outside and finish my Jeep projects for the big trip.
Wait, so you are saying that if you were to go on a trail ride you somehow wouldn't be able to sleep in your bed? Hey, I sleep in my bed in my air conditioned apartment and I still enjoy the cool weather here. Your point carries no validity. You are making excuses because you decided after posting that you didn't want to go. Ask Khris how much sleep he got before the race. Ask me how much sleep I got before the Logandale run. You can sleep when you are dead... Now if you will excuse me, I am going to head home and go to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #921 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Wait, so you are saying that if you were to go on a trail ride you somehow wouldn't be able to sleep in your bed? Hey, I sleep in my bed in my air conditioned apartment and I still enjoy the cool weather here. Your point carries no validity. You are making excuses because you decided after posting that you didn't want to go. Ask Khris how much sleep he got before the race. Ask me how much sleep I got before the Logandale run. You can sleep when you are dead... Now if you will excuse me, I am going to head home and go to bed.
I'll be sleeping in. In my bed. As in sleeping late? Going on said trail run gets me out of bed a full four hours before normal to make it to the meet. With one day off, a day on the trail, while enjoyable, isn't necessarily relaxing. Relaxing is sleeping in, enjoying my wife's breakfast, swimming with my babies, and then sweating like crazy in the jeep in the driveway.

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #922 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 08:14 AM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Why did you spend all that time and money to build your rig ASAP to get it ready for the Rubicon if you were going to just say never mind I wanna sleep in and have a/c?
B0nez is offline  
post #923 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 AM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
I will jump on the powr bashing bandwagon too. Did you really expect anyone to go to the Rubicon with you when you back out of local trail rides that you start?

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #924 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 AM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Just to be clear, I am not bashing or poking fun or anything, I am genuinely curious; Powr seemed to be in a huge hurry and going out of his way financially to make sure he was ready in time for this Rubicon trip then all of the sudden he decides he wants to sleep in instead. Just seemed a bit odd.
B0nez is offline  
post #925 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Not running the rubicon this weekend guys. Today was the wheeler run. When I was first setting up the run, it was tentative anyway. My job seems to really enjoy forcing 20-30 hrs of OT on the weeks that there are trails. This week was no different, with today as my only day off. I was trying to get a few little things done on the Jeep through the week to get it ready to go again, but obviously, that didn't happen either.
It's not prudent to take the Jeep out when it's chewing through speedo gears at $40 a pop, and they only last 200 miles. I also still need to fab up my exhaust hanger, new vent tubes, etc. I wanted to go today, but I'm not going to push myself at the expense of sleep when I already have insomnia issues as it is. Lack of sleep makes people sick, very easily. I don't want to be sick and trying to drive to Tahoe and then the trail.
Talk all the ish your hearts desire, I know I back out of trails, and it's often. However, it's for good reason, and I'll see you all on one if the next ones.

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #926 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 12:29 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Not running the rubicon this weekend guys. Today was the wheeler run. When I was first setting up the run, it was tentative anyway. My job seems to really enjoy forcing 20-30 hrs of OT on the weeks that there are trails. This week was no different, with today as my only day off. I was trying to get a few little things done on the Jeep through the week to get it ready to go again, but obviously, that didn't happen either.
It's not prudent to take the Jeep out when it's chewing through speedo gears at $40 a pop, and they only last 200 miles. I also still need to fab up my exhaust hanger, new vent tubes, etc. I wanted to go today, but I'm not going to push myself at the expense of sleep when I already have insomnia issues as it is. Lack of sleep makes people sick, very easily. I don't want to be sick and trying to drive to Tahoe and then the trail.
Talk all the ish your hearts desire, I know I back out of trails, and it's often. However, it's for good reason, and I'll see you all on one if the next ones.
Blah, blah, blah... Sand + vagina = Powr not going wheeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #927 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

blah, blah, blah... Sand + vagina -midol + pamprin = powr not going wheeling.
fify!

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #928 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 01:01 PM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Not running the rubicon this weekend guys. Today was the wheeler run. When I was first setting up the run, it was tentative anyway. My job seems to really enjoy forcing 20-30 hrs of OT on the weeks that there are trails. This week was no different, with today as my only day off. I was trying to get a few little things done on the Jeep through the week to get it ready to go again, but obviously, that didn't happen either.
It's not prudent to take the Jeep out when it's chewing through speedo gears at $40 a pop, and they only last 200 miles. I also still need to fab up my exhaust hanger, new vent tubes, etc. I wanted to go today, but I'm not going to push myself at the expense of sleep when I already have insomnia issues as it is. Lack of sleep makes people sick, very easily. I don't want to be sick and trying to drive to Tahoe and then the trail.
Talk all the ish your hearts desire, I know I back out of trails, and it's often. However, it's for good reason, and I'll see you all on one if the next ones.
Now that makes perfect sense. I figured there was more to it than just wanting to sleep in! Sorry to hear it bro, but in my opinion you are making the right decision to postpone.
B0nez is offline  
post #929 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 01:31 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Now that makes perfect sense. I figured there was more to it than just wanting to sleep in! Sorry to hear it bro, but in my opinion you are making the right decision to postpone.
Hey, how can I bash Powr if you are going to come in here and tell him that his logic is not flawed? You are screwing up my program

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #930 of 1353 Old 08-11-2013, 04:03 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
I would still give powr crap no matter what. They filled in a bunch of wheelers, I would drive a rental through it now

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread Dr. Marneaus Nevada Jeep Forum 41750 05-02-2016 09:55 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
Nevada Jeeps Rickyb Nevada Jeep Forum 1 10-18-2009 07:35 PM
Elko, Nevada anyone? bernie Nevada Jeep Forum 3 08-09-2008 05:57 PM
Need Nevada Trails timatoe Nevada Jeep Forum 2 02-17-2008 03:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome