Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #916
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, yeah. Btw Greg. I caught your slide into that other jeep on video! Can't really tell unless you are really looking for it. You're in the background.

Unread 08-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #917
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Tell you what. Roll out in the rubi, and I'll see you there! HA!
Tell you what, you buy me a set of plane tickets there and back and I will be there. In the mean time, I'll enjoy the cool weather outdoors here. :flipoff:

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #918
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, I still cannot believe that the guy never even called me with how much of a fit he was throwing on the trail. I could only imagine that he came to his senses after he got home.
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #919
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Tell you what, you buy me a set of plane tickets there and back and I will be there. In the mean time, I'll enjoy the cool weather outdoors here. :flipoff:
I'll enjoy sleeping in in my bed inside the air conditioned house. Then I'll go outside and finish my Jeep projects for the big trip.
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #920
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I'll enjoy sleeping in in my bed inside the air conditioned house. Then I'll go outside and finish my Jeep projects for the big trip.
Wait, so you are saying that if you were to go on a trail ride you somehow wouldn't be able to sleep in your bed? Hey, I sleep in my bed in my air conditioned apartment and I still enjoy the cool weather here. Your point carries no validity. You are making excuses because you decided after posting that you didn't want to go. Ask Khris how much sleep he got before the race. Ask me how much sleep I got before the Logandale run. You can sleep when you are dead... Now if you will excuse me, I am going to head home and go to bed.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #921
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Wait, so you are saying that if you were to go on a trail ride you somehow wouldn't be able to sleep in your bed? Hey, I sleep in my bed in my air conditioned apartment and I still enjoy the cool weather here. Your point carries no validity. You are making excuses because you decided after posting that you didn't want to go. Ask Khris how much sleep he got before the race. Ask me how much sleep I got before the Logandale run. You can sleep when you are dead... Now if you will excuse me, I am going to head home and go to bed.
I'll be sleeping in. In my bed. As in sleeping late? Going on said trail run gets me out of bed a full four hours before normal to make it to the meet. With one day off, a day on the trail, while enjoyable, isn't necessarily relaxing. Relaxing is sleeping in, enjoying my wife's breakfast, swimming with my babies, and then sweating like crazy in the jeep in the driveway.
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #922
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Why did you spend all that time and money to build your rig ASAP to get it ready for the Rubicon if you were going to just say never mind I wanna sleep in and have a/c?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #923
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I will jump on the powr bashing bandwagon too. Did you really expect anyone to go to the Rubicon with you when you back out of local trail rides that you start?
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #924
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just to be clear, I am not bashing or poking fun or anything, I am genuinely curious; Powr seemed to be in a huge hurry and going out of his way financially to make sure he was ready in time for this Rubicon trip then all of the sudden he decides he wants to sleep in instead. Just seemed a bit odd.
Unread 08-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #925
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not running the rubicon this weekend guys. Today was the wheeler run. When I was first setting up the run, it was tentative anyway. My job seems to really enjoy forcing 20-30 hrs of OT on the weeks that there are trails. This week was no different, with today as my only day off. I was trying to get a few little things done on the Jeep through the week to get it ready to go again, but obviously, that didn't happen either.
It's not prudent to take the Jeep out when it's chewing through speedo gears at $40 a pop, and they only last 200 miles. I also still need to fab up my exhaust hanger, new vent tubes, etc. I wanted to go today, but I'm not going to push myself at the expense of sleep when I already have insomnia issues as it is. Lack of sleep makes people sick, very easily. I don't want to be sick and trying to drive to Tahoe and then the trail.
Talk all the ish your hearts desire, I know I back out of trails, and it's often. However, it's for good reason, and I'll see you all on one if the next ones.
Unread 08-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #926
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Not running the rubicon this weekend guys. Today was the wheeler run. When I was first setting up the run, it was tentative anyway. My job seems to really enjoy forcing 20-30 hrs of OT on the weeks that there are trails. This week was no different, with today as my only day off. I was trying to get a few little things done on the Jeep through the week to get it ready to go again, but obviously, that didn't happen either.
It's not prudent to take the Jeep out when it's chewing through speedo gears at $40 a pop, and they only last 200 miles. I also still need to fab up my exhaust hanger, new vent tubes, etc. I wanted to go today, but I'm not going to push myself at the expense of sleep when I already have insomnia issues as it is. Lack of sleep makes people sick, very easily. I don't want to be sick and trying to drive to Tahoe and then the trail.
Talk all the ish your hearts desire, I know I back out of trails, and it's often. However, it's for good reason, and I'll see you all on one if the next ones.
Blah, blah, blah... Sand + vagina = Powr not going wheeling.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #927
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

blah, blah, blah... Sand + vagina -midol + pamprin = powr not going wheeling.
fify!
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #928
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Now that makes perfect sense. I figured there was more to it than just wanting to sleep in! Sorry to hear it bro, but in my opinion you are making the right decision to postpone.
Unread 08-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #929
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Now that makes perfect sense. I figured there was more to it than just wanting to sleep in! Sorry to hear it bro, but in my opinion you are making the right decision to postpone.
Hey, how can I bash Powr if you are going to come in here and tell him that his logic is not flawed? You are screwing up my program

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #930
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would still give powr crap no matter what. They filled in a bunch of wheelers, I would drive a rental through it now

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.