Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-21-2012, 09:13 AM   #76
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
It has been a long time since I have run Wheelers Pass. Like better than 5 years. How difficult is it now and around what time would we be back?
Uh....I didn't use 4wd if that explains the difficulty level?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #77
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That's assuming you're going up from pahrump. If you go up from the other side you'd likely need 4wd but its just crummy bumpy rocky on that side not even bad.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #78
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Marn! I may or may not be able to make it. I might be making a drive to Idaho.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #79
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If you go to Idaho, please text me an let me know which part. I may try to bribe you into bringing something back for me if I can figure out how to pay for it before you get there.
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #80
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Idaho isn't going to happen this weekend. I am now looking at heading up there next Thurs-Fri. Part of me really wants to do the trail tomorrow, another part of me is saying save the money. I really need to save for my lift just so that I can fix the suspension. When I do go, I'll be in Mt. Home/Boise area. What do you need picked up?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-22-2012, 03:16 AM   #81
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A case of...."coffee." just avoid dogs and don't speed!
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #82
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The wife and I are tentatively planning a run up carpenter canyon on Saturday morning. I'm told its "baby neck friendly" if taken slow. We will unhook and air down also(for babies) any recent knowledge? All are welcome to join. Will probably run up and have lunch up there and waste the day an come down later in afternoon.
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #83
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
The wife and I are tentatively planning a run up carpenter canyon on Saturday morning. I'm told its "baby neck friendly" if taken slow. We will unhook and air down also(for babies) any recent knowledge? All are welcome to join. Will probably run up and have lunch up there and waste the day an come down later in afternoon.
Easy trail all the way up into the canyon. Expect to run into campers.
Unread 10-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #84
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am taking a friend who hasn't done it before up the prison side of Wheeler Pass next Sunday the 4th of November. Time and meeting point TBD.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #85
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe
Unread 11-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #86
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Alright, Wheeler Pass tomorrow (Sunday, Nov 4.) As it sit, we are doing the prison side, we will decide tomorrow if we want to go all the way to Pahrump. Meet at the McDonalds at Farm and Durango just south of 95 off the Durango exit. Meet time is 9:30 roll out at 10:00.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #87
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I will talk with the boss. If I am lucky she will stay home
Unread 11-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #88
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn. Just saw this. If anyone checks this before you actually leave the McDonalds, post up. I can be there in less than ten.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #89
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Had I seen this before we rolled, I would have waited. It was a great run.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 11-05-2012, 06:39 PM   #90
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My fault for not checking the board Saturday night. Maybe in a couple weeks....
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.