Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #751
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I might be able to do it... but my mom's flight leaves at noon. I am guessing that she will leave my house around 9ish... so I might be late or just meet up with you on the trail.

Unread 07-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #752
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Do you guys ever go from Lovel canyon through red rock to make it more chalenging? Plus you dont have to pay.... Just sayin'...
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #753
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Do you guys ever go from Lovel canyon through red rock to make it more chalenging? Plus you dont have to pay.... Just sayin'...
That is the only way I have ever run it.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #754
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

That is the only way I have ever run it.
From red rock?

With the Warmachines, we run from Lovel to the loop. And we run almost all the washes.
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #755
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Tentative plan for rocky gap(potato) on Saturday. Meet at Mcds/Starbucks at 10k block west charleston at 9ish to Leave at 930ish? Brining the babies, so it will be slow going, with multiple stops, just fair warning. My wife hasn't been all the way through, so she's going to want to stop and look at stuff along the way.
I'm most likely in as long as I can find 20 minutes this week to take a saw to some body panels! LOL Shouldn't be a problem though... I've never done potato all the way thru. Only been up to where the 4WD part of it starts on the far side. Turned around there though cause I was solo and it was just dark enough to be turning the headlights on and I didn't want to be stupid...

Anyways, count me in unless something odd comes up/happens between now and then. I'm down for a slow stopping a lot trip. Maybe I'll even try to get a CB tossed in it by then.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #756
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Tentative plan for rocky gap(potato) on Saturday. Meet at Mcds/Starbucks at 10k block west charleston at 9ish to Leave at 930ish? Brining the babies, so it will be slow going, with multiple stops, just fair warning. My wife hasn't been all the way through, so she's going to want to stop and look at stuff along the way. I also want to get some good Jeep footage and pics also. I'm going to figure on a return to vegas time at around 4-5pm. Would really like at least one other rig along just in case of breakage/malfunctions in equipment. By then, I'll have brake lines and everything done so I'll want to really see what this beast is capable of, within safe reason!
My 3 year old has been bugging me to take him out wheeling so I may come along. The gears arenít broken in yet but I figure it shouldn't hurt anything if I just take the bypasses. Unless someone who knows better than me thinks that's a bad idea? I'm new to this breaking in gears thing.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #757
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
From red rock?

With the Warmachines, we run from Lovel to the loop. And we run almost all the washes.
No, from lovell canyon side into the loop. Last time through, I ran most of the washes.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #758
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

No, from lovell canyon side into the loop. Last time through, I ran most of the washes.
Gotcha.
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #759
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
But I bet you didn't do the most fun one Puck bailed in front of me last time.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #760
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
My 3 year old has been bugging me to take him out wheeling so I may come along. The gears aren’t broken in yet but I figure it shouldn't hurt anything if I just take the bypasses. Unless someone who knows better than me thinks that's a bad idea? I'm new to this breaking in gears thing.
It wont hurt anything. A typical gear break in is to drive about 20miles, then let them completely cool and do that for about 500 miles........who ever does that....You will need to change the diff fluid after about 500-750 miles, and then you should be good to go just don't go towing anything crazy. I had mine REM finished, but that's a whole other deal.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #761
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
It wont hurt anything. A typical gear break in is to drive about 20miles, then let them completely cool and do that for about 500 miles........who ever does that....You will need to change the diff fluid after about 500-750 miles, and then you should be good to go just don't go towing anything crazy. I had mine REM finished, but that's a whole other deal.
I have to pull the covers to stall the cables for the lockers so I figured I would do that at the 300 mile mark and replace the fluid. So far I'm only up to 100 miles.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #762
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I didn't. I have seen pics of you in that wash.

Quote:
I think I made it about 150 miles doing the heat up, cool down thing. Then said screw it and drove to Moab. Did a fluid change in the parking lot of the hotel. I did have issues with the locker on that but it was an install screw up and had nothing to do with the break-in.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #763
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

If i had more tire and gear i would have tried it with you. But, my rig at the moment, is not hardcore enough to keep up.
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #764
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Tentative plan for rocky gap(potato) on Saturday. Meet at Mcds/Starbucks at 10k block west charleston at 9ish to Leave at 930ish? Brining the babies, so it will be slow going, with multiple stops, just fair warning. My wife hasn't been all the way through, so she's going to want to stop and look at stuff along the way. I also want to get some good Jeep footage and pics also. I'm going to figure on a return to vegas time at around 4-5pm. Would really like at least one other rig along just in case of breakage/malfunctions in equipment. By then, I'll have brake lines and everything done so I'll want to really see what this beast is capable of, within safe reason!
Was a definitive answer ever given about whether you guys were running this from the Lovell Canyon side or the Red Rock side?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #765
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Do you mind if 3 more unibodies come with?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.