Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #676
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Got this in my e-mail this morning. A little off-road Poker Run Sunday. Off-Road Poker Run for a good cause. Check it out I can't view the page here at work but will check into it tonite, might just be fun day.

This event is not sponsored by the Desert Wranglers, but we as a group (Club) always support our "Troops". If you'd like to attend this event the be advised there is a $35.00 entry fee, there will be a raffle, and a BBQ Cookout or two along the five stages of this run. It is open to all off-road vehicles including dirt bikes. You can go to www.giftsforwarriors.org and then click on the events tab. It sounds like a great day if you are inclined, and remember it's in support of our nations military. If you aren't sure where Goodsprings, NV is, just go south on I-15 to Jean, NV, then west to Goodsprings, you can't miss it! Remember there is no RSVP on this event, we're just putting it out there for those that want to attend.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #677
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Can anyone recommend a good place to camp for the holiday weekend? It would be nice if it was close to some scenic trails that aren't to intense because we'll be taking the truck and I don't mind driving a few hours. The wife wants to go on a camping trip over the long weekend for my son's birthday.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #678
sirhk100

Not sure how far you want to go but I've done a few races up near Cathedral Gorge state park! Cool area!

If you go, check out the area around Pioche just 15 minutes north of there too. Awesome area! It's got the old miner town feel to it.

There's a cool swimming hole here.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cathe...evada&t=h&z=18

Some neat smaller dunes to play around in here.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cathe...evada&t=h&z=19

And if you continue out past the swimming hole about another 5-10 minutes there's an amazing canyon to drive thru here.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=cathe...evada&t=h&z=18

The camping at cathedral gorge is clean and really nice too!

There's endless trails around panaca and pioche area's as well to explore. I haven't been up there a ton, mostly to race but I have explored a little bit and it seems like a fun area.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #679
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good place to camp for the holiday weekend? It would be nice if it was close to some scenic trails that aren't to intense because we'll be taking the truck and I don't mind driving a few hours. The wife wants to go on a camping trip over the long weekend for my son's birthday.
It's starting to get hot, so choose wisely. Valley of Fire is awesome. Yhaira and I are going to camp at Lake Mead Sunday night and maybe Monday night.

Carpenter canyon would be really nice about now.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #680
sirhk100

Victoria Island, BC would be nice, that's where I'm heading.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #681
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Victoria Island, BC would be nice, that's where I'm heading.
That's a bit more driving then I'd like....
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #682
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
It's starting to get hot, so choose wisely. Valley of Fire is awesome. Yhaira and I are going to camp at Lake Mead Sunday night and maybe Monday night.

Carpenter canyon would be really nice about now.
Is it too hot right now to camp in the valley of fire area? He's specifically asked about going there.
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #683
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Valley of fire pretty much has the same tems that we do so I would say that it is too hot, but that is just me. If you want to get a good idea of current temps all over the place check out http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #684
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900

Is it too hot right now to camp in the valley of fire area? He's specifically asked about going there.
I would say yes, but it's more about what you can live with. I'm camping by the lake, but we'll have the water to hang around.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #685
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone been up to Sherman Pass? It looks like a pretty good time.

This guy has a bunch of good info and links.
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...orest-Inyokern)
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #686
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks like some guys are doing Angels Peak tomorrow (Sat) morning. Meeting at the McDonalds off of Farm/Durango @ 8 am and leaving by 8:30.
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #687
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Looks like some guys are doing Angels Peak tomorrow (Sat) morning. Meeting at the McDonalds off of Farm/Durango @ 8 am and leaving by 8:30.
I would have been down as I've never done angels peak. I've got the direct tv guy here then I'm off to the DMV. Maybe next time.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #688
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It was a good ride, we explored a few side trails too
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #689
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Anyone planning on any wheeling/shooting on the 4th? I maybe down for something early morning before it gets to hot.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #690
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Anyone planning on any wheeling/shooting on the 4th? I maybe down for something early morning before it gets to hot.
I DO need to try out my 38spl stuffs.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.