Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #646
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj

Hers is 4wd, but i just want to get out there. I do care about the condition of my truck, to some extent. I mean, scratches and stuff is one thing, breaking stuff and rolling is a whole different story.
Potato isn't really a "breaking stuff" or "rolling" trail *if* one takes bypasses on more challenging obstacles above driver/rig skill level. Either trail you guys will be fine. Wish I could make it, hope you have a blast!

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #647
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

You'll be fine if we do Potato. I know a group of guys is supposed to go to Wheelers Pass Sunday also, so I'll talk to your GF's boss about that possibility instead.
Ha ha ha, sounds good. Just let us know what's the plan.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #648
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Potato isn't really a "breaking stuff" or "rolling" trail *if* one takes bypasses on more challenging obstacles above driver/rig skill level. Either trail you guys will be fine. Wish I could make it, hope you have a blast!
I appreciate it. I haven't been off roading in a long time. I am excited and nervous at the same time.
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #649
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

man, I really need to get 4wd going again. I'd like to do something slightly more technical one of these days.

Potato Ridge is probably the "toughest" thing I've done in the wag, but that was 3 or 4 years ago and I hear a lot has changed since then? It wasnt anything to difficult for my old battleship back then, but I don;t have the most capable rig out there...

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #650
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
man, I really need to get 4wd going again. I'd like to do something slightly more technical one of these days.

Potato Ridge is probably the "toughest" thing I've done in the wag, but that was 3 or 4 years ago and I hear a lot has changed since then? It wasnt anything to difficult for my old battleship back then, but I don;t have the most capable rig out there...
Potato IS an ever changing trail, but as stated previously, an experienced driver that knows the limits of his rig and his capabilities can get through without too much of an issue.
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #651
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I got my truck through a few moths ago. Added a few scratches and only scraped once.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #652
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Uh oh....just saw this after I got home. Not looking forward to it.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #653
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

Posted from outer space.
Augh! You have NOT been having a good time with that XJ lately have you?
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #654
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nope, though I just realized this is the wrong thread

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #655
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post

Posted from outer space.
Am I missing something?
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #656
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It appears he has either blown the head gasket or cracked the head or both due to overheating. It's the "milkshake" on his oil cap that tells you he has water in his oil.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #657
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Really? Wow. Huh. Good to know.
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #658
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
Really? Wow. Huh. Good to know.
bad to know in his position.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #659
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

I am sure I am putting this in the wrong area but, has anyone seen any local or fairly close ethanol free gas stations?
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #660
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
I am sure I am putting this in the wrong area but, has anyone seen any local or fairly close ethanol free gas stations?
Pretty sure there are only 2 in NV and they are like in Elko and somewhere up close to the Oregon border. BUT you might have luck anywhere close to water. You may have to go out on a boat dock to get it but......
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.