post #631 of Old 04-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm hoping to hit up the mall and maybe a couple loading ramps with mine one evening next week if anyone is interested?
I am so there dude!!

Puck81 is offline  
post #632 of Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Sweet!!! I'll make sure to bring cameras to get all the action!

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #633 of Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 PM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I'm hoping to hit up the mall and maybe a couple loading ramps with mine one evening next week if anyone is interested?
Hahaha
B0nez is offline  
post #634 of Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
I have to take my day off tomorrow... I need something fun to do while the kids are at daycare. Thinking about hiking a trial up in the spring mtns or maybe going out to lake mead and swim. I was thinking a trail, but if I go out by myself and something happens no one will be able to pick the kids up...

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #635 of Old 04-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
What day?
I am thinking this Friday. Or next week Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.
Syncityj is offline  
post #636 of Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,875
I might be able to swing next Friday.

Does anybody want to do any trails this weekend? \


Also had anybody here hit up where they do the winter on the rocks up by St George? http://www.winterontherocks.com/

Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline  
post #637 of Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
I have an exploder dude that's solid axle swapped up front, coilovers and on 37's up in St. George that says he knows the area really well and I want to get up there to check out the trails! I've heard it's epic up there but you kinda have to know where you're going to find them sorta type deal. I'm hoping to get up there a few times in the fall to get familiar with the area using him as a guide. I figured it would be a good weekend trip like area... I would think they'd also have some cool loading docks and I know they have a mall that I could go show my stuff off at!

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #638 of Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I might be able to swing next Friday.

Does anybody want to do any trails this weekend? \

Also had anybody here hit up where they do the winter on the rocks up by St George? http://www.winterontherocks.com/
I am trying to get my girlfriends boss to go to potato ridge Sunday. I am interested in going any day as long as it's not serious rock crawling and stuff.
Syncityj is offline  
post #639 of Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
jokerchief462
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,881
The rock garden is done all the time with stock Jeeps of all kinds. It is about a quarter mile of navgable rocks and a good place to learn and understand the capabilities of your Jeep. It is a fun drive from either end but more difficult from Lovell Canyon back to Red Rock. One of my local close favorites. Weather will be choice so it should be agreat day for the run.

89YJ 2.5L TBI, AX-5, NP231 SYE, Ford 8.8, Yukon Grizzly, Tom Woods Shaft, 33" BFG T/As, 4" lift, Warn VR10000s.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline  
post #640 of Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
The rock garden is done all the time with stock Jeeps of all kinds. It is about a quarter mile of navgable rocks and a good place to learn and understand the capabilities of your Jeep. It is a fun drive from either end but more difficult from Lovell Canyon back to Red Rock. One of my local close favorites. Weather will be choice so it should be agreat day for the run.
Sounds good to me. What time and day? How long does the trip take? Is 4wd required? I have all time 4wd, but my girls wrangler isn't and it's bone stock.
Syncityj is offline  
post #641 of Old 04-26-2013, 01:46 PM
jokerchief462
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,881
The trip can take 2-3 hours plus some time to air down and up.

I can't make it I will be in AZ.

89YJ 2.5L TBI, AX-5, NP231 SYE, Ford 8.8, Yukon Grizzly, Tom Woods Shaft, 33" BFG T/As, 4" lift, Warn VR10000s.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline  
post #642 of Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 PM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post

Sounds good to me. What time and day? How long does the trip take? Is 4wd required? I have all time 4wd, but my girls wrangler isn't and it's bone stock.
I wouldnt recommend the lovell canyon side of the trail without 4WD for an inexperienced driver that cares about the condition of their rig.
B0nez is offline  
post #643 of Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

I wouldnt recommend the lovell canyon side of the trail without 4WD for an inexperienced driver that cares about the condition of their rig.
Hers is 4wd, but i just want to get out there. I do care about the condition of my truck, to some extent. I mean, scratches and stuff is one thing, breaking stuff and rolling is a whole different story.
Syncityj is offline  
post #644 of Old 04-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I might be able to swing next Friday.

Does anybody want to do any trails this weekend? \


Also had anybody here hit up where they do the winter on the rocks up by St George? http://www.winterontherocks.com/
My favorite place to go. We camp out at Sand Hollow and wheel all around St. George several times every summer. It's kind of like a bigger Logandale with a lot better views and more trail options.
Garza is offline  
post #645 of Old 04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
Hers is 4wd, but i just want to get out there. I do care about the condition of my truck, to some extent. I mean, scratches and stuff is one thing, breaking stuff and rolling is a whole different story.
You'll be fine if we do Potato. I know a group of guys is supposed to go to Wheelers Pass Sunday also, so I'll talk to your GF's boss about that possibility instead.
Garza is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Roobicon
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread Dr. Marneaus Nevada Jeep Forum 41746 Today 08:56 AM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
Nevada Jeeps Rickyb Nevada Jeep Forum 1 10-18-2009 07:35 PM
Elko, Nevada anyone? bernie Nevada Jeep Forum 3 08-09-2008 05:57 PM
Need Nevada Trails timatoe Nevada Jeep Forum 2 02-17-2008 03:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome