Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

90K views 1K replies 42 participants last post by  B0nez 
#1 ·
Here, might as well try to make it easier.

Post up in here with dates and times of runs, please try to keep it related to conversation related to actual trail runs.

I believe Greg and Matt are doing something this weekend, but I don't know when and where?

#1,179 ·
undergroundjeep said:
Depending on how modified your rig is, we can prob get you through it with no carnage. I hope! Only one way to find out:D
I wouldn't attempt it with my current Jeep. My last one, in a heartbeat but my current Jeep is basically a stock 2004 Rubi.

Evermore, my ex will be known as the slimy **** that stole my Jeep.

#1,181 ·
undergroundjeep said:
If your going to try based on my answer... YA YOU CAN MAKE IT:D
That's not really funny...yeah, actually, it is pretty funny. Rofl In your opinion, can the rig handle that obstacle? It's got the teralow kit as well. Anyone else please chime in as well. Can my rig make it through without damage, with a good spotter and me with good throttle/clutch/brake control? I would like to challenge myself and the equipment, but not to the point of inevitable damage. I don't mind getting a little crazy, but definitely don't want to cave in a door, roll it down a hill, or snap a shaft or any other catastrophic mechanical failure. I'm in to having fun on some difficult obstacles, but can't afford to replace expensive damaged components.

#1,185 ·
Having not had the chance to wheel with you very much I would say the other two. In short, there is a reason they call those trails/lines buggy lines. Clearance, armor, quality components and being 100% okay with likely body damage are all key factors to these lines, again with no reference to driving skill yet.
Your rig isn't set up for these lines. Mine isn't either, especially because I don't want to risk that kind of damage.

#1,193 ·
Driver X are you sure your friends LS rig is up for a run with us? His pretty paint looks awfully nice :)

What's his wheel base? He looks a little short. Very good looking FJ40 he has!

Few of us are going up to Potato Ridge Sunday 2/16/14 to goof off and play around, nothing too serious but one water fall that can be bypassed if needed. If anyone wants to try it, it is a good warm up for Logandale. To do the water fall I would say minimum of 35''-37" tires (depending on how deep the hole is), lockers and good approach/depart angles. If you cant make it we will winch you before you break. Meeting at the shooting range parking lot at 10am and be done by 1pm.

#1,195 ·
Driver X are you sure your friends LS rig is up for a run with us? His pretty paint looks awfully nice :)

What's his wheel base? He looks a little short. Very good looking FJ40 he has!
That's what I was telling him... but he just plated the rear quarters with 3/16" to help with protecting the body. He is ready, and excited, to meet everyone and have fun for the few days he will be in town.
He has a stock wheelbase and regrets not stretching it during the build. Maybe the next go round he will

#1,194 ·
This one is mine just so you guys know what I drive. Come say hi!

#1,198 ·
I had a busy weekend! We went to Dumont Sat and Sun I took the family and buggy up to Potato ridge. Five rigs in total came. Four tried the water fall and only two made it through. One CJ got rejected and a YJ broke his front drive line. It was fun getting him out of there LOL

I have a couple things to fix on my buggy and it will be ready for the Logandale trip 3/1/14!

Some pix from this Sat Dumont trip and Sun wheeling trip.

#1,200 ·
I will see you guys this Sat at 7am at the Petro by the drag strip! Several jeeps and buggies will be meeting us!

Driver X is your buddy going to make it?

#1,202 ·
I will see you guys this Sat at 7am at the Petro by the drag strip! Several jeeps and buggies will be meeting us!

Driver X is your buddy going to make it?
Yes, he will be here. :thumbsup:

What made you decide on st George & when are you moving?
Promotion. Moving between April and August... for some reason they can't decide on when they want to kick me out of Vegas :rolleyes:

#1,205 ·
undergroundjeep said:
I will see you guys this Sat at 7am at the Petro by the drag strip!
Ok, so we are NOT meeting at the love's station at I-15 and US93?! The truck stop right at the speedway?

#1,207 ·
Yes, Petros truck stop at the speedway. Easier access for those with trailers and less traffic.

Anyone know where to get a steel antenna whip? My firestik seems to be losing its mojo. Can't get the SWR tuned no matter how far I adjust it... I think it's cracked under the covering.

#1,206 ·
Thanks guys. Been with the company going on 7 years now so I'm pretty excited for this.

For those interested, I work for Bearing Belt Chain. Some people think we went out of business, but we actually moved to a larger building. So much for using the Adult Superstore off Spring Mtn as a landmark now....

#1,208 ·
Any of the truck stops should have them.

The Utah guys that are coming will just meet us at Logandale. I figured we would all just park by the restrooms.

#1,210 ·
I hope the weather holds, some weather stations say chance of rain and some say overcast. Either rain or shine pretty sure we are still going to Logandale. Ill keep everyone posted!

#1,211 ·
I'm hoping for at least overcast! Great even light for pic and vids. I won't melt in the rain either...lol. Hot sun sucks too.

#1,212 ·
We still good for tomorrow? Just hit me that with the whole area being basically dunes and rocks, we may have a bit of a mud issue with the possible .4" rain expected. Let me know. As long as we have willing and able parties for mud recovery, I guess I'm still down.

#1,215 ·
We moved the Logandale run to Sunday 3/2/14 due to weather. Meet us at the drag strip Petro 7am let everyone know!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.