Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

90K views 1K replies 42 participants last post by  B0nez 
#1 ·
Here, might as well try to make it easier.

Post up in here with dates and times of runs, please try to keep it related to conversation related to actual trail runs.

I believe Greg and Matt are doing something this weekend, but I don't know when and where?

#1,145 ·
This is what I will be doing as well. I'll challenge myself and my rig, but hopefully minus the damage. I won't be going on the super crazy stuff.

#1,147 ·
Most real hard obstacles have a by pass route to drive around. I will help any of you guys if you need a spot or a tug, if I don't think your rig is capable ill tell you, just don't get offended cause that's not my intention. I want to save your rig and make sure you have fun. Some of the serious obstacles we will be doing will require a 40" tire at minimum, lockers, boat sides, modified wheel base which will be buggy only but also again a lot of these obstacles are right off to the side of the main 4wd trail most of you can go on. Come out, we will get you on some fun trails and make sure you stay in one piece.

#1,148 ·
..and ill probably be solo so I can take some of you guys for a ride if you want.

#1,149 ·
Anybody have an empty passenger seat? I want to go watch but don't want to take my Jeep out. I'll spot, work your cameras, etc.

I am going to be straight with everybody and say that I am looking for a seat before I know for sure that I can actually go.

#1,150 · (Edited)
When you guys are ready for Sand Hollow let me know, that's where the real hard stuff is at. Logandale has a few good obstacles but short trails. I would be more then happy to take stockish rigs out on any trail to show them around. Sand hollow has some great stock/mild modified trails we could do in a day. There are always some hard obstacles off to the side of most mild trails so the buggies can still play.

Heres some pics of my last two buggies (1985 Toyota and 1968 cj5) in Sand Hollow. No good pics of my newest buggy yet.

#1,151 ·
Here are some pics from my last trip to Logandale so you guys can see some of the buggy lines.

#1,155 ·
Awesome!

Third pic, Rock Bottom?

Thanks Puck!
Yes it is the very last obstacle on Rock Bottom. Very fun obstacle.

#1,154 ·
#1,157 ·
Its not as steep as you think, it looks a lot worse.. but would hurt if you tumbled down it lol

Give me a sec and ill find a video.

#1,160 ·
Would love to!

I thought about building a diesel buggy but I need real snappy throttle response and its hard to get that out of a diesel :mad:

#1,161 ·
Heres a video of my old 68 jeep buggy going up.

My foot slipped off the pedal and I stopped on the hill on accident...almost crapped cause I thought the tires wouldn't grab from a stop on that hill.

#1,164 ·
Holy cow.. You must have to walk bowlegged because that looks like it would take some huge balls to attempt, nicely done!
Ha Ha I promise its not that bad. You will have to ride with me some time. Half the hard stuff I do I get through it and say "is that it?" lol

#1,163 ·
Here are a couple obstacles going up Arrow Head trail in Sand Hollow, its gets nastier then this as the trail goes on. You really have to know the lines to even try this trail or you will be camping out over night LOL

#1,165 ·
#1,167 ·
Yes Larry is coming and Don will be there for sure but I don't know if he will have a rig by then. Joe and Jerry I invited but haven't heard anything yet.

#1,172 ·
I'm bringing my 30 ft trailer that holds two rigs so if someone needs a tow I can load it on the trailer with my rig and get them back to Vegas at least.

Also bringing welder, 1/2 cordless impact, air compressor :thumbsup:

#1,171 ·
undergroundjeep said:
Awesome! Yes it is the very last obstacle on Rock Bottom. Very fun obstacle.
I always backed out before that obstacle. For some reason, that one scared the crap out of me.

#1,173 ·
Depending on how modified your rig is, we can prob get you through it with no carnage. I hope! Only one way to find out:D

#1,175 ·
undergroundjeep said:
Depending on how modified your rig is, we can prob get you through it with no carnage. I hope! Only one way to find out:D
TJ on a currie 4" with savvy under armor, mml and BL. Smittybilt side armor(rocker guards,) 33" tires(probably the deal breaker,) G2 D44 Detroit locked front and G2 D44 35 spline ARB locked rear. Can I make it?

#1,180 ·
If your going to try based on my answer... YA YOU CAN MAKE IT:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.