Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 33 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 03-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #481
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

i feel like you always just take 2 pictures of one pose, haha.

how are those lockerz working for you?
Cuz i do!! They work AWESOME!

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #482
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Sent from my Imagination
Lookin good Puck!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #483
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Lookin good Puck!
Thanks! I ran all the washes with every one, and only had one small hang up. But just backing up and going to the left a bit i cleared it with no issues after that.

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #484
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Does anybody have anything planned for this weekend? Desert Wranglers are going to Nelson on Sat but I am not really wanting to go with such a large group... that plus they are meeting at 7:30 in the morning down past Henderson. Way too early for me.
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #485
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I want to do something Sunday
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #486
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm down for anything anytime on Saturday I think. Sunday may be doable as long as I can be back to my dope *** crib by 4 pm. As a side note, I'm pleading with you khris to never ever post another picture of you with the baggy gear on a motorcycle. The single worst crime ever perpetrated on the motocross community.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #487
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
As a side note, I'm pleading with you khris to never ever post another picture of you with the baggy gear on a motorcycle. The single worst crime ever perpetrated on the motocross community.
While at the same time the one of the most functional! Ever ride dunes and end up with your boots full of sand? Ever ride trails with lots of water crossings and end up with wet feet? Ever ride soft pebble filled washes and end up with your boots full of rocks from them coming off the front tires? I don't... Which is why I'll stick with the baggy style of pants, I like the fact that they keep any and everything from working it's way into my boots while riding. On top of that, 99% of the regular style of moto pants don't have pockets where MANY of the baggy style pants have both regular pockets front and rear but also cargo pockets which are really nice for carrying wallet, knife, phone, GPS, snacks, 1st aid, etc...

Klim IMO makes the best trail riding gear on the market right now and most of their pants are over the boot cause they're functional. They focus on function over style and push mostly the baggy pants for the reasons above. You might not like the look but I'll take the function anyday!

On the other hand, how about racing in shorts? LOL I wear knee braces that give quite a bit or leg protection so depending on the terrain and temps I sometimes opt for the shorts... Notice I even have my goggles down! LOL, when you're in the front you don't have to worry about dust! (my old Hodaka before moving to my current fleet of bulltacos)

LOL, isn't this what all 1 year old championship winning bikes look like? Oh wait, I'm not pro... I gotta pay to play so the dented pipe, yeah, it adds character! LOL

My current goal is to get back to racing in 2014!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #488
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So what's the plans for this weekend? Saturday runs? Sunday runs? Maybe rocky gap?
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #489
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am game for either day, someone make a decision for me. Heck I would even be good with logandale as long as we don't stop every 20 feet.
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #490
sirhk100

Don't you guys just build rigs and never actually use them like me? WTF???

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #491
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I gots hunny-dos this weekend

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 03-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #492
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I like the logandale idea. It's going to be too hot to play out there soon, and is like to get some good video of the crawling. Still working on camera placement too. I've gotten some good perspectives, but not entirely what I'm looking for. I'll figure it out. So far, I'm most pleased with forward facing above and behind the rear passenger tire. If I were rich, I'd get two more gopros and mount one underneath, and the other one would be either hand held from outside, attached to the vehicle ahead's rear bumper, or windshield mounted center high. So many choices, only one camera.
I'll keep options open for trails/day, I'm waiting for a response from a possible passenger.
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #493
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My buddy just called and said he has the day off tomorrow and wants to see if we can go wheelin'. Anyone interested in a morning run tomorrow AM before it gets too hot? I would love to try some trails out toward apex / nellis if anyone knows of any but I am pretty much open to most anything but PR since I've done it the last two times I've been out.

Post up if you're interested, lets get this thing going
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #494
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^What he said. I'm good too for tomorrow morning, or whenever. I think Powr has morning issues due to work so maybe he can chime in if a better time would work for him. I'm good for anywhere too, but I don't want to stop every 20 feet either.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #495
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tomorrow won't be good for me, so don't change start times on my account. Still waiting to hear about Sunday. I'll post when I know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.