Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #151
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nope will be with the wiffle for services!!! Lol

Unread 12-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #152
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Have any of you run logandale before?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #153
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^Negative
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #154
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
No, but i had a beer in glendale once.

Sent from my imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #155
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

No, but i had a beer in glendale once.

Sent from my imagination

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #156
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well regardless there is a lot of cool stuff out there. Some pretty technical stuff too.

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #157
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Yes, but it has been many many years

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #158
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Yes, but it has been many many years
duh. I was there!

Dont let them kids get in over their heads!

Some stuff is pretty gnarly out there, but its a ton of fun, take pics.

You gotta be flexy flexy!

It's even better doing all the exact same scary **** at night, haha Talk about pucker factor.

Who's that weirdo standing behind the jeep?

That last pic in the dark where the tailights are all way ahead of me is looking down this part of the trail, entering into the big bowl:

Here's the rest of the pictures:
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ima/logandale/

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...202/?start=all

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #159
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What mods did you have on your TJ? Looks like you found some serious ish!! I likes, but don't wanna break anything or roll anything!
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #160
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
What mods did you have on your TJ? Looks like you found some serious ish!! I likes, but don't wanna break anything or roll anything!
My TJ was actually supah mild and built on a dime.

2.5l stick shift, open/open

2.25" budget boost with cherokee coils up front and LJ Hard Top Rubicon springs in the back

Springs game me about an extra inch over the 2.25" BB

32" Maxxis Bighorn's

I honestly have no idea why it flexed and worked as well as it did. Thing was like a little slinky. I'm ASSUMING it is because even with the added height, they were still stock springs, which are likely a lot softer than most lift springs.

I stuck to the mild stuff out there, and you can see what that looks like. I never really explored too far though, because I just followed McRoberts around so I'm following him through stuff in his locked full width rig on 37's. I got scared alot, haha.

Just goes to show if you're a good driver, you can do a lot without having that much (not trying to toot my own horn here) but ask andy or any of the guys that wheeled with my old jeep, it was a little piddly thing but it followed them all around.

Here's the jeep's stance....clearly nothing special

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #161
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, a little higher than mine. Got 31's and a 2" bb in the front only to level it after bumper and winch. Disconnected, I should be able to have some fun! Those pics look sick! I'll charge the cameras and try to get some good video too.
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:20 AM   #162
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yep, a little higher than mine. Got 31's and a 2" bb in the front only to level it after bumper and winch. Disconnected, I should be able to have some fun! Those pics look sick! I'll charge the cameras and try to get some good video too.
Hey Powr do you have the factory brake lines? Cuz... Im thinking about taking off my sway bar for this run, but i dont want to rip my lines out.

Sent from my imagination
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:27 AM   #163
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Hey Powr do you have the factory brake lines? Cuz... Im thinking about taking off my sway bar for this run, but i dont want to rip my lines out.

Sent from my imagination
He will be fine look in my pics. I was running factory lines.

I have no idea about xj's tho but seeing as you only have a mild lift and I'm assuming you have bump stops you should be fine.

P.s. I would not recommend disconnecting the bar unless you do it at the trail head. Not worth it driving an hour in each direction in traffic without the easy bar on.

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #164
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^x2 no sway bar=unsafe
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #165
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was going to do it at the trail head.

Sent from my imagination

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.