Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Shocks

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Xj Shocks

So I have just purchased a 2" lift and am now looking for shocks for it. Would I need to go larger than stock size shocks or would they work fine for a 2" lift?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Warboar_21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Mattific
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21
So I have just purchased a 2" lift and am now looking for shocks for it. Would I need to go larger than stock size shocks or would they work fine for a 2" lift? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks
If you do any wheeling get a new set of shocks. The stock ones wouldn't be able to handle any articulation beyond what the jeep was able to do stock. But if it's just for looks then you're probably ok with the stock set
Unread 01-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #3
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattific View Post
If you do any wheeling get a new set of shocks. The stock ones wouldn't be able to handle any articulation beyond what the jeep was able to do stock. But if it's just for looks then you're probably ok with the stock set
Thanks for the reply Mattific.

I am not a serious offroader or rock crawler but some of the areas I have been hunting in the past I have stuffed my tires up into the fender wells and wheel wells. Since the tires are 235x75x15 tires I am needing the additional clearance the lift will provide. I am just not sure what increased shock size I am needing to go with if that makes sense.
Warboar_21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
DriverX
1996 XJ Cherokee 

If you find a set of JK shocks on CL, I read that those will fit with a 2" lift. Not sure if it has to be Rubi shocks or not. But I do see complete JK suspensions on CL every day.
DriverX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.