Rubicon, summer 2016? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Rubicon, summer 2016?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 11-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Rubicon, summer 2016?

Hey, everyone! I am just now beginning the process of planning a Rubicon trip for the summer of 2016. This gives everyone time to build their rigs, plan time off, plan routes, and save the money. There are a couple things I want to do to my rig before we go, which will take time and money. My kids have to grow a little too. I was planning on driving my rig, but fuel mileage sucks, so I would not be opposed to renting a big truck and car hauler to tow it up. I would be willing to split the rental fees and fuel with one or two others in exchange for trailer room.
I'm thinking third week in August, as the Jamboree takes up the first two weeks if Im not mistaken. They charge a few hundred bucks to join them, which helps kill the budget. We could move the dates around between June and August. The trip will be best suited to take up about 6-10 days total. That way, we can take our time on the trail, and maybe stop at any touristy places in between. I don't want to feel rushed for this trip, and want to be able to enjoy the trail.
Who would be realistically serious about joining on this trip? It's been on my Jeeping bucket list since I bought our Jeep, and I got a taste of the trail in August of 2013, but only had a half a day to play. If anyone has run the trail, what could you recommend for us to bring as far as spare parts and tools? What about trail necessities, like restroom requirements. I read somewhere that everyone is required to bring some sort of portable toilet system, a chemical spill kit, etc.
Lets get this thing planned so we can start getting everything ready. We need to consider hotel lodging on the start side of the trail. We need to consider parking if we are towing the rigs. What else?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.