Reno, Here I come - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Reno, Here I come

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
DNTTRY
1998 ZJ 

Reno, Here I come

Moving to Reno here in the next few weeks. Any good places to check out or things to do?

DNTTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Most of the people on this forum, and most of the people in this state for that matter, live in the Las Vegas area. Might not be too many people around to respond to your questions. If you we're coming to Vegas we would be all over it.
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
DNTTRY
1998 ZJ 

Well guess ill have to start something up out there....lol. Thanks for the response.
DNTTRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
shadowulf
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hook up with Reno4x4.com. Lots of places to go near Reno. Not all are official "trails", but lots of fun to go on day trips.

In Northern Nevada, the wheeling is what you make of it.
You are real close to the Rubicon Trail, and several ghost town treks are nearby.
Forest service roads are everywhere and you have a good starting point to chase the Emigrant Trail or the old Pony Express route.

The wife and I do a fair bit of rock hounding, fossil hunting and general prospecting. So the jeep is a means to get where we want to be.
Just be wise and go with a group if you can. Or leave your itenerary with a reliable person if you ever "go it alone". Breaking down is bad enough. Breaking down and no one knowing where you are or were going = BAD THINGS.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.