Pictures of your jeep - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Pictures of your jeep

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
sirhk100

Sorry for asking questions... Don't you own a shop? No point in swinging by the speedway if you're not even interested in talking online. Have a good one... joking or not, I definitely won't be referring your way at this point now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #32
Vegas 4x4
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Sorry for asking questions... Don't you own a shop? No point in swinging by the speedway if you're not even interested in talking online. Have a good one... joking or not, I definitely won't be referring your way at this point now.
My concern was nothing more than steering this thread away from the OP's request for pictures of local Jeeps, not about your questions. But, it sounds like your mind is made up. You have a good one too.
Vegas 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #33
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #34
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

No one will see this around town for a while.

Unread 07-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #35
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

My dd

Unread 07-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #36
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryN

My concern was nothing more than steering this thread away from the OP's request for pictures of local Jeeps, not about your questions. But, it sounds like your mind is made up. You have a good one too.
I don't think we have ever had a thread that has stayed on topic for very long. Being that this thread was created more than a year ago, I think it is a safe bet to assume that it going off topic for a bit wouldn't upset the Op.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you're running the king IBP shocks???!!!! Have you ran a standard c/o before and if so, I'm assuming it's night and day difference? Is tuning a pain or pretty easy? Any issue with excessive fade on them? Do they use a fullsize 2.5" piston or are they sleeved down to something smaller? I've always been intrigued with those shocks and they look like a better way to go then say Fox's IBP style. They use that needle pin similar to what's going on in the rear shock on dirt bikes and I always wondered why the truck guys hadn't gone that direction...

And yeah, like I figured, badass ride!
If you don't want to answer, that is all fine and good but I would also like to know and probably Garza too.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #37
1toughknight

My YJ with CJ front clip
imag0483.jpg

1toughknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #38
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
Hey thanks for coming to our desert splash! P.C is a nice trail. There are many trails within a few miles of that area, fun area.
I really need to make it out there again, Desert Splash was a great time with a lot of good folks and trails.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #39
Vegas 4x4
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I don't think we have ever had a thread that has stayed on topic for very long. Being that this thread was created more than a year ago, I think it is a safe bet to assume that it going off topic for a bit wouldn't upset the Op.
I didn't even notice how old the thread was

Have you ran a standard c/o before and if so, I'm assuming it's night and day difference?

Yes, I have a little experience with coil-overs. I couldn’t say that it’s a night and day difference, but compression is far better/smoother in the IBP. As I’m sure you are aware, terrain, vehicle weight, and shock stroke are all factors that determine handling characteristics. My Jeep weighed in at just over 5k in race trim, and with a class limitation of a 14” stroke shock, compromises had to be made. I chose to use a 12" shock to avoid driveline bind issues with the 1350 u-joints. We gave up speed in the extremely rough terrain, but gained speed in moderate terrain and rock sections. Budget is always a concern, and these work very well given their price point. Coil carriers and external bypasses would certainly work better in this class, but this Jeep is still my trail rig. I wanted to be competitive, properly market our advertisers products, but still have a trail Jeep after the race.

Is tuning a pain or pretty easy?

They tune like any other shock, but we felt we had what we needed right out of the box from King and chose not to further tune them. (more info on that is in the article referenced below)

Any issue with excessive fade on them?

The terrain was so rough in many areas of the desert lap that we kept our speed way down (25 MPH in some areas) to avoid crashing into the bumpstops. In the areas that we did go fast, I didn't notice any fade issues.

Do they use a fullsize 2.5" piston or are they sleeved down to something smaller?

Looking at the photo in the link below, I assume it is a 2.5” piston.

And, here is a link that discusses our thought after our first, and only, testing session before the race.

http://www.crawlmagforum.com/forum/c...Johnson-Valley
Vegas 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #40
perfeng702
1999 WJ 

my beater:

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #41
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfeng702 View Post
my beater:
I like the nice and clean look
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #42
Snafe
2000 WJ 

Here is my Jeep. I am a Grad student at UNLV, so I can't quite afford to do much to it at the moment. I have a 2" BDS lift in mind for the near future. She has 230,000 miles so far, and I hope to push that to at least 300,000 miles.
jeep1.jpg  

My Jeeps: a 2000 WJ Limited (4.7) and a 2004 KJ Limited
Snafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #43
Snafe
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1toughknight View Post
My YJ with CJ front clip
I really like that. The first vehicle I ever drove was a '79 CJ7. If I had the money, I'd love to do something similar to your setup, or restore an old CJ7...

Kudos to a very nice looking CJ/YJ! (Everyone elses' Jeeps are nice, this one just struck a chord with me)

My Jeeps: a 2000 WJ Limited (4.7) and a 2004 KJ Limited
Snafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #44
mattdenney07

My 2012... live in north las vegas and always looking to go wheeling

mattdenney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #45
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good. I love going doorless too, but I keep them on for your safety. Something about a kids juice cup going through someone's windshield @ 70 mph scares me.

We are meeting tomorrow at the hooters off of Rainbow south around 4ish if you want to meet some locals. They are talking about doing the apex afterwards.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.