Pahrump/Las Vegas, NV - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Pahrump/Las Vegas, NV

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Beerman621
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Pahrump/Las Vegas, NV

hey to anyone in Pahrump or LV. I live in pahrump and am interested in finding a small group to head out with once in a while. working on getting the jeep fixed up. interested in trails from 1.5-3.5 until i get a winch, then maybe a 4.

But let me know! I just came to pahrump like 6 months ago and so far havent gone anywhere but the desert around my house.

Beerman621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
Death_Valley_TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The Wheeler pass road would be fun when the snow melts. The Pahrump side is easy 2WD road but the Cold Creek side is somewhat of a challenge. PM me around April and maybe we can meet up.
Death_Valley_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
lx2gt
1993 ZJ 

theres also a pretty good trail called rocky gas road that goes between redrock and pahrump, im in vegas so i go from the redrock side but iv done the cold creek section of wheels then went back to vegas through rocky gap,
lx2gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
fairview1100
2004 WJ 

Subscribing to this thread as well. Just getting my WJ set up for some Spring trail riding and will be looking for some group rides. Will have the family along. Switching from riding dirtbikes on the trails and dunes to something we can all do together now.
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
fairview1100
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Valley_TJ View Post
The Wheeler pass road would be fun when the snow melts. The Pahrump side is easy 2WD road but the Cold Creek side is somewhat of a challenge. PM me around April and maybe we can meet up.
I was looking into doing this as well and was going to ask the best way to approach the Vegas / Cold creek side. I've ridden this a few years ago on the CRF450 (bike) and although once up top it was an easy ride wasn't sure the best route to take to get there. Will probably go check it out on the bike again once the snow melts if I can't find a group event at the time.
Unread 03-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #6
Lancerkath
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Search for Wheeler Pass on everytrail and you should come up with something.
Unread 03-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
Death_Valley_TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairview1100 View Post
I was looking into doing this as well and was going to ask the best way to approach the Vegas / Cold creek side. I've ridden this a few years ago on the CRF450 (bike) and although once up top it was an easy ride wasn't sure the best route to take to get there. Will probably go check it out on the bike again once the snow melts if I can't find a group event at the time.
It would be a good trip leaving Las Vegas to the north and going over Wheeler Pass from the vegas side. Then lunch in Pahrump and then if time permits, you could do trout canyon (I think it is trout canyon, I may be wrong) to lovell canyon or rock gap and back to vegas.
Death_Valley_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Valley_TJ View Post
It would be a good trip leaving Las Vegas to the north and going over Wheeler Pass from the vegas side. Then lunch in Pahrump and then if time permits, you could do trout canyon (I think it is trout canyon, I may be wrong) to lovell canyon or rock gap and back to vegas.
that sounds like a good day of wheelin minus trout canyon, just a dirt road and no real challenges or good scenery. i've only done rocky road gap from red rock side, which i think is the easier way. if yall go on a week day go check out logandale also, pretty cool dune area.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.