JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   Ok.. I see Jeeps all over here in Vegas... (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/ok-i-see-jeeps-all-over-here-vegas-52300/)

AJKoontz 09-19-2003 08:26 AM

Ok.. I see Jeeps all over here in Vegas...

But i have yet to see anyone on here mention they are in vegas.. this must explain all the dumb looks i get for waiving. hey i read the rules and I always waive first seeing as my TJ is bone stock. Anyway... any vegas people go to Red Rock's Rocky Gap Road, or nellis dunes, anywhere else??

Too many jeeps in this town for there not to be a vegas jeeper on this forum.

rickr 09-19-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJKoontz
But i have yet to see anyone on here mention they are in vegas.. this must explain all the dumb looks i get for waiving. hey i read the rules and I always waive first seeing as my TJ is bone stock. Anyway... any vegas people go to Red Rock's Rocky Gap Road, or nellis dunes, anywhere else??

Too many jeeps in this town for there not to be a vegas jeeper on this forum.

you may want to check out the uroc rockcrawl on sept. 26-27 in St. George.

khead 09-20-2003 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickr
you may want to check out the uroc rockcrawl on sept. 26-27 in St. George.

Thanks rickr, however (I think) the poster was looking
for basic jeep trails in the LV area. St. George, UT is a
good 3 hour ride via I15 (and that's just to the town itself).
Red Rock Canyon. and Mt. Charleston area all are approx.
45 minutes max west of of the "strip". Gotta be some
basic and casual 4WD only runs.
I'm also a newbie in LV with a stock '03 Sport 4X4
command-trac.
Just wondering where some trails might be
just for goofin' around closer to town.
Anyone?

EricsXJ 09-20-2003 12:42 PM

Not in Vegas but Reno...

But I've noticed the EXACT same thing you describe up here! We have a TON of jeeps but very few people seem to post on here or some of the other boards I check. There's a fair amount of modified XJs here too and in my 15 minute drive to work each day its not uncommon for me to pass one. So I always wave and they wave back so I know they "understand" but just wondering why I don't see more of them here...

AJKoontz 09-20-2003 09:37 PM

I have done the red rock thing... dont think my rig can (or ever based on my plans) handle rock crawling... just not my style. There is the one trail at red rock off of the scenic route... its pretty fun and gets a little hairy at times... maybe not after a lift and tires.

imajeepgrl 10-07-2003 01:03 PM

Hi all! I am a Vegas jeeper!!!!! I wave all the time too, most people look at me as if I just busted out of the loony bin! There are alot of easy/scenic trails here and a few 4x4 clubs. If ya want me to show you some trails, let me know! :D

03Jeepster 10-07-2003 08:20 PM

I am in socal but I would be willing to go out there some time for some good wheeling. I just have a rock adiction that I feen for. I took my 03 sahara over almost everything here in socal in stock form. You would be amazed with good spotting what your jeep is capable of.

pdw 10-09-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03Jeepster
I am in socal but I would be willing to go out there some time for some good wheeling. I just have a rock adiction that I feen for. I took my 03 sahara over almost everything here in socal in stock form. You would be amazed with good spotting what your jeep is capable of.

Now, if you would only listen to the people spotting you! :D

I think that the LV area would be a cool place to run a few trails over the weekend! Let's plan something!
:cool:

imajeepgrl 10-09-2003 03:05 PM

Our club is doing an event Oct. 31 - Nov. 2. You should come then :D . Many different trails, from easy to x-hard. Check out the website, www.eventhorizonlv.com . There is free camping. Friday night there will be a "Run down the Strip", last year there was 247 4x4 vehicles! It should be a great time!!

Or, if ya can't make it that weekend, give me a hollar and I'll show you some trails!! :)

imajeepgrl 10-09-2003 04:10 PM

Brad, I am not implying that our event is all 'hard core', all I am saying is that there is something for everyone. Ours is a family event also.
I do not enjoy "beating up my rig", but, I do enjoy a challenge! Doing the same 2 trails over and over again is not what wheeling is all about.

Jeptng 10-09-2003 08:25 PM

Yeah I get the same reaction Jeepgal.. :confused: Hummm I think it may be the fact that I have a 2000 TJ 4 1/2" Lift with 33's Locked and Geared Front and Rear. Rock slider's Custom Bumper Not to mention if they could see the Undercarage That could explain why the weird faces I get :rolleyes: Don't know if its that fact I have all that on my jeep or the fact that I may be Female. Still should get the Jeep :wave: From Fellow Jeepers.

"Wheeling" is like "SEX" Once you do it you can't get enough of it.

Grimm Jeepers

Cool Picts

Goucho 10-10-2003 11:14 PM

Hi Aj, I Get The Same Thing, Some Wave, Some Don't Get It.
You Ought To Come Out To The Event That The Grimjeepers And Total Karnage Are Putting On At The End Of The Month, It Sounds Like It's Going To Be A Kick!
We'll Be There , Look For A 93 Yj, Silver With Blue Flames, 6" Lift, 35"x12.5 Mt/r's,ect,ect. Say Hi, And I'll Tell You About Some Of The Runs We Take Out Of Boulder City Down To The River.

imajeepgrl 11-18-2003 12:33 AM

Goucho, I'm glad you came out to the event! Y'all are great people!! When ever you want to go wheelin', let me know. Hey, are you going on the 4 day trip to the north rim with us??

Goucho 11-29-2003 11:01 PM

Rhight On Jeepgal!

Thanks Jeepgal, We Had A Great Time. You All Put On A Fantastic Run. We Are New To Wheelin And This Was Perfect For Us, Ya Know Get'n Started, Meeting A Bunch Of Cool People. Every One Was Helpfull, The Runs Were Way Cool, The Food Was Outstanding, Can't Wait Till The Next One.
Sorry It Takes So Long To Reply, I Don't Get On The Computer Much.

se7vn 10-02-2007 03:56 PM

I'm in Vegas, North West Cheyenne and Buffalo , White XJ with Black rims, keep an eye out ! I'll Wave!!! lol

The time now is 01:52 PM.