New Vegas meeting spot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > New Vegas meeting spot

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

New Vegas meeting spot

Well as many of you guys know we are looking for a new place to get together at on the first Saturday on the month. Looking for a place that has beer on draft, food, and enough space for everyone to bs.

Some request but not requirements include:
1. Smoke free
2. Locally owned
3. View of the parking lot (I am not that obsessed with my jeep personally and I would rather see some T and A)
4. TV's to watch whatever game is on...
5. It has to be flip phone friendly so Khris can come out.

Well let the choices start flying and our next gtg will be on Jan 4th around 4ish.

Unread 12-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
sirhk100

I need lots of space to whip it open yo! Wait, I rarely make it anyways! Chances are the Jan one I'll be in Az.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am obsessed with my jeep, but I don't have to look at it while I'm eating. Gordon Biersch meets many of those requirements, except for the locally owned I guess? I don't know. I guess we could check and see who the owner is. Manager is local. The BAcon Bar on Rancho? It's the old Kerry's. Supposedly was on Bar Rescue for those types who watch that crap. I would guess it's local; don't know about the parking lot view. Draft House on Rancho? It is locally owned, but not really a group-friendly setting over about ten guys.... and might be smoky. My vote is Gordon Biersch still.. Because I friggin love the place. Decent happy hour too.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Aces and Ales has phenomenal food and beer, at both locations. But thats just my preference, as I basically live at that place.

maybe just pick something fairly centrally located? That's probably more important for some folks than other stuff. I know the hooters was like 40 minutes from my house.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

You guys need to pick a place for this Saturday. I am leaving soon, so you guys pick and I will show up.
Unread 12-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Whadya mean you're leaving soon?
Unread 12-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Whadya mean you're leaving soon?
Hopefully I will be on my way to Germany here in a few months
Unread 12-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #8
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wtf? Forever? Like a PCS or what? You get work there? Or is your wife getting pcsd there?
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
wtf? Forever? Like a PCS or what? You get work there? Or is your wife getting pcsd there?

Right now that is our follow on after she gets done in Korea. I have not told my work that I am going for sure, mostly because I still do not believe it until it happens...but it looks like I will be able to keep my current job, which would kick arse budget wise for us. If we do go it will be in March or April.
Unread 01-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

did we figger this out yet?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-03-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I recommend we support one of the local strip clubs
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #12
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I basically live in bars, but it normally goes either way divier/trashier than hooters, which for all intents and purposes is like the bar in a chilli's or applebees or whatever, or way hoity-toitier cocktail bars and ****.

We could hit 4 Kegs on Jones/215. Amazing wings and stromboli. Been around forever, but its not really like a sports bar. Kinda small.

I guess any number of PT's would work or a Sierra Gold. The PT's by UNLV has a bunch of pool tables. The one near American Shooters does too.

If you want a similar scenery set to Hooters we could go to BJ's.

Other than that, I normally go to Rush Hour, Aces and Ales (best bar food in the world), Johnny Macs (amazing wings and pizza but loacted way out in hendertucky), a bunch of the bars downtown that are way too hipstery, Frankies Tiki room (too small) or any of the restaurants in MGM.

Money Plays is actually pretty damn epic, it's a beer bar, or i think they sell liquor now, with shuffle board. They sell beer by the yard, as well as by the pint. Located on flaminger and decatur. Actually pretty damn central? No food, but there's a taco shop attached to it.

I just don't really do alot of sports bars.

Quote:

Unread 01-03-2014, 02:29 PM   #13
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

well, what about YardHouse at town square. theres no view of the parking lot, but its smoke free, fairly large, centrally located-ish, has some hottie workers, and has a huge draught selection. Next time I'm there for work, I may be able to sweet talk a manager or two for some sort of group rate?
Unread 01-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #14
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm good with whatever. Just my experience 4 kegs might have the best pizza in town, but is on the smaller side.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I dont care were we go too. I cant drink alcohol any more, so i'm good as long as the place has a good chicken salad.

(I have a damaged liver, so i am on a restricted diet. I know some one would have asked)
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.