New Jeep in Vegas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > New Jeep in Vegas

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 01-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Firewater
2005 TJ Wrangler 

New Jeep in Vegas

Hi everyone!
I just joined the Jeep world today! Traded in my 00' Xterra and rolled out with an 05' Rocky Mountain Edition Wrangler. Stock for now. I plan on doing a small lift and putting 31's on it. While I'd love to have a hardcore rock crawling rig, this will be my daily driver and I'm just looking to improve my clearance so I can get to the trailheads I want to hike from. Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
jeepsantos
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome! Will this be the beginning of a long, lasting & loving relationship?????? I think so!
jeepsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Welcome sir!

Keep an eye on the southern nevada thread, a lot of us local guys chat it up in there and post up when we're going on trail rides and whatnot.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Poison3DSpider

Welcome
Unread 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Welcome to jeeps. You say you just want a little ground clearance in a few months you will order a 4.5-6.5 lift kit. It happens to every one. Have fun out there.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
Firewater
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Today my wife and I explored the dirt road that goes from 160 towards Goodsprings. We took a sidetrail that lead up to a mine and got a little bit more rocky. I did a pretty good job picking my lines, but once or twice I clipped a rock with my axle. I told my wife, see that 2 1/2 inch lift would have saved me there. She replied, that doesn't seem like much how much more would a 4 inch lift cost?
It was the best thing she said in months.
Firewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #7
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the board, you will never get bored with all of the offroading that is in the area or only a few hours away.

Though your wife sounds cool, I am still baffled about that one dude on the forum that is getting married and his future inlaws are giving him an unlimited budget to buy/build a new jeep. He quoted them $150k to build it how he likes it?? WTF.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the board ...

(of course a four inch lift, by itself, won't save your axles, but running 37s will give you a lot more room)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.