New guy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > New guy

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

New guy

I have been lurking in the background since I got my Jeep and I figured that it was time to join. Anyways I am up in the northwest part of town, I have hooked a few small trails around here and I am always game for some more runs.

Still working on getting up some of my trail tools, but I am making forward progress.

gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Welcome.

Go check out the big las vegas thread.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome.

Go forth and be dirty....

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
gotrock88
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Go to warmachines702.com. good bunch of guys to wheel with.
gotrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^^ are you on there, I just introd myself the other day. Met Ralph about a week or so ago.
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #6
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have been all over the place lurking. I have actually been following sparkles issues with his Jeep on warmachines.

I am not much for the club rides, from what I have seen there is a whole bunch of waiting everytime there is a rough section. I normally have the kids with me, so all of the stopping makes it a misrable trip for me. I perfer to just go on runs with a few cars, so there are less stops, esp when it is in the triple digits.
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #7
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I have been all over the place lurking. I have actually been following sparkles issues with his Jeep on warmachines.

I am not much for the club rides, from what I have seen there is a whole bunch of waiting everytime there is a rough section. I normally have the kids with me, so all of the stopping makes it a misrable trip for me. I perfer to just go on runs with a few cars, so there are less stops, esp when it is in the triple digits.
Hi Greg. I know you've seen my website, but I'm loath to let an opportunity to pimp it go by:

http://www.davidson-law.net/blogs/jeeplaw
davidsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
gotrock88
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Quote:

I bring my kids with me to and they have lots of fun playing in the rocks and running around during the waiting time. If anything, maybe we could just go on a run with the little ones.
Unread 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
gotrock88
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlasvegas View Post
^^ are you on there, I just introd myself the other day. Met Ralph about a week or so ago.
Ya man I'm the guy standing on top of my upside down jeep
Unread 08-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrock88 View Post
Ya man I'm the guy standing on top of my upside down jeep
Oh lord. I about died laughing when i saw that .
Unread 08-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
gotrock88
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirlasvegas View Post
Oh lord. I about died laughing when i saw that .
I can laugh about it now! Once we flipped it back over, I drove it home from Logandale.
Unread 08-12-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
sirlasvegas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrock88 View Post
I can laugh about it now! Once we flipped it back over, I drove it home from Logandale.
HOPEFULLY mine is all put back together this week. After that, smog and register, get the new shoes mounted and balanced then hopefully be trail ready within the next week or so. Fingers crossed. Had it almost 2 months and its been driven less than 100 miles... sad. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Unread 08-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #13
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well it has been a little over a month since I traded in my TJ for the unlimited.

miles : 2500

parts:

Rock Hard front bumper, LCA skid plates, Evap Skid

Trails :

Mormon wells, cold creek area, bunch up Kyle Canyon, Burro Wash, Potato Ridge, Apex, several trips down dirt roads at lake mead, and I cannot count how many times that I have done the little powerline service road near my house.

I am pretty happy with the amount of wheeling that I have done with two kids under 3 and a needy wife. Now if only the kids would get older so that I could take the top off and leave it off for a while.
Unread 08-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #14
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well it has been a little over a month since I traded in my TJ for the unlimited.

miles : 2500

parts:

Rock Hard front bumper, LCA skid plates, Evap Skid

Trails :

Mormon wells, cold creek area, bunch up Kyle Canyon, Burro Wash, Potato Ridge, Apex, several trips down dirt roads at lake mead, and I cannot count how many times that I have done the little powerline service road near my house.

I am pretty happy with the amount of wheeling that I have done with two kids under 3 and a needy wife. Now if only the kids would get older so that I could take the top off and leave it off for a while.
RIGHT ON! My wife doesn't complain about my wheeling too much because it usually means I'm taking my three year old son and she gets the day to herself. The only exceptions are the rare occasions that I break something, but so far I've been able to fix everything myself.

Most recently I had to swap out my parking brake lever because the clutch spring broke. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.
davidsonlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.