JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   New guy (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/new-guy-1221130/)

gregaf3 05-30-2011 10:22 PM

New guy

I have been lurking in the background since I got my Jeep and I figured that it was time to join. Anyways I am up in the northwest part of town, I have hooked a few small trails around here and I am always game for some more runs.

Still working on getting up some of my trail tools, but I am making forward progress.

Dr. Marneaus 06-04-2011 10:59 AM

Welcome.

Go check out the big las vegas thread.

Billy 06-04-2011 11:01 AM

Welcome.

Go forth and be dirty....

gotrock88 08-11-2011 10:39 AM

Go to warmachines702.com. good bunch of guys to wheel with.

sirlasvegas 08-11-2011 11:23 AM

^^ are you on there, I just introd myself the other day. Met Ralph about a week or so ago.

gregaf3 08-11-2011 09:57 PM

I have been all over the place lurking. I have actually been following sparkles issues with his Jeep on warmachines.

I am not much for the club rides, from what I have seen there is a whole bunch of waiting everytime there is a rough section. I normally have the kids with me, so all of the stopping makes it a misrable trip for me. I perfer to just go on runs with a few cars, so there are less stops, esp when it is in the triple digits.

davidsonlaw 08-12-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregaf3 (Post 12008450)
I have been all over the place lurking. I have actually been following sparkles issues with his Jeep on warmachines.

I am not much for the club rides, from what I have seen there is a whole bunch of waiting everytime there is a rough section. I normally have the kids with me, so all of the stopping makes it a misrable trip for me. I perfer to just go on runs with a few cars, so there are less stops, esp when it is in the triple digits.

Hi Greg. I know you've seen my website, but I'm loath to let an opportunity to pimp it go by:

http://www.davidson-law.net/blogs/jeeplaw

gotrock88 08-12-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregaf3 (Post 12008450)

I bring my kids with me to and they have lots of fun playing in the rocks and running around during the waiting time. If anything, maybe we could just go on a run with the little ones.

gotrock88 08-12-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirlasvegas (Post 12005096)
^^ are you on there, I just introd myself the other day. Met Ralph about a week or so ago.

Ya man I'm the guy standing on top of my upside down jeep:laugh:

sirlasvegas 08-12-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrock88 (Post 12011695)
Ya man I'm the guy standing on top of my upside down jeep:laugh:

Oh lord. I about died laughing when i saw that . :D

gotrock88 08-12-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirlasvegas (Post 12011796)
Oh lord. I about died laughing when i saw that . :D

I can laugh about it now! Once we flipped it back over, I drove it home from Logandale.:cheers2:

sirlasvegas 08-12-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotrock88 (Post 12012133)
I can laugh about it now! Once we flipped it back over, I drove it home from Logandale.:cheers2:

HOPEFULLY mine is all put back together this week. After that, smog and register, get the new shoes mounted and balanced then hopefully be trail ready within the next week or so. Fingers crossed. Had it almost 2 months and its been driven less than 100 miles... sad. Look forward to meeting you guys.

gregaf3 08-15-2011 10:01 PM

Well it has been a little over a month since I traded in my TJ for the unlimited.

miles : 2500

parts:

Rock Hard front bumper, LCA skid plates, Evap Skid

Trails :

Mormon wells, cold creek area, bunch up Kyle Canyon, Burro Wash, Potato Ridge, Apex, several trips down dirt roads at lake mead, and I cannot count how many times that I have done the little powerline service road near my house.

I am pretty happy with the amount of wheeling that I have done with two kids under 3 and a needy wife. Now if only the kids would get older so that I could take the top off and leave it off for a while.

davidsonlaw 08-15-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregaf3 (Post 12027906)
Well it has been a little over a month since I traded in my TJ for the unlimited.

miles : 2500

parts:

Rock Hard front bumper, LCA skid plates, Evap Skid

Trails :

Mormon wells, cold creek area, bunch up Kyle Canyon, Burro Wash, Potato Ridge, Apex, several trips down dirt roads at lake mead, and I cannot count how many times that I have done the little powerline service road near my house.

I am pretty happy with the amount of wheeling that I have done with two kids under 3 and a needy wife. Now if only the kids would get older so that I could take the top off and leave it off for a while.

RIGHT ON! My wife doesn't complain about my wheeling too much because it usually means I'm taking my three year old son and she gets the day to herself. The only exceptions are the rare occasions that I break something, but so far I've been able to fix everything myself.

Most recently I had to swap out my parking brake lever because the clutch spring broke. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

The time now is 09:56 AM.