Need help installing Aussie Lockers in Las Vegas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Need help installing Aussie Lockers in Las Vegas

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 09-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
SmackLayer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Need help installing Aussie Lockers in Las Vegas

I have some Aussie Lockers that I want to install on my 2000 TJ - front and rear. Unfortunately I don't really have the tools or experience to do this. The directions don't look too bad and I could probably grind through it over the course of the day, but would prefer someone experienced to get it done right.

Can anyone recommend any affordable shops in Las Vegas that can do this for me? Or even a forum member with experience doing this that wants to make a few bucks helping me install them (or more accurately me helping you install them). I am in Las Vegas, NV.

2000 TJ with D35 in front and D44 in rear. Thanks for your help.

SmackLayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Contact sean bach. He is bachman on this forum.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
SmackLayer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tried to PM him, but it says his private message quote is full and can't accept any new messages. Thanks though.
Unread 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

dont forget to get a set of feeler guages to measure the gaps for the aussie. i had a buddy help me out with mine and he had all the tools luckily.
Unread 09-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #5
SmackLayer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I read that in the instructions. I haven't got any response for private parties to help with this. I even emailed a few of the of the 4x4 clubs here in LV without any response. I guess it is either a b*tch to isntall and no one wants to get involved or everyone is on vacation this week.

I probably will end up taking it to Adams Driveshaft in Henderson. They gave me the best quote and seem to get glowing reviews. Still more than I was looking to spend but apparently they do good work.
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's really not very difficult if you just take your time with it. I'd suggest having a vise handy as well.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

oh yeah make sure ur buddy doesnt drop your gears in the dirt!!!!! LOL
Unread 09-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjjustforme View Post
oh yeah make sure ur buddy doesnt drop your gears in the dirt!!!!! LOL
pshhh, nothing a couple a cans of brake cleaner won't fix.....

It's still working isn't it??
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #9
yjjustforme
1995 YJ Wrangler 

yeah its working great!!!!!!
Unread 09-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

I would be more then happy to help you
unfortunatly I'm in pahrump about 45.min. away
allthough you can bring it to me and go hang out have some lunch and play some slots I will have them installed in a couple of hours

I never recomend the aussie or aany lunch box locker in the rear they work good in the front but are short lived in a rear application your better off with a full carrier type of locker like the detroit

when I say short lived it could last 2-3 years or just a couple of months
Unread 09-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #11
SmackLayer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the offer. I ended up going to Adams Driveshaft in Henderson. They were pretty helpful and seem to do quality work. Next time I need to some work I'll hit you up.

Funny your comments about the "short lived". I think you could pretty much say that about anything you install - might last a few months, might last a few years. For a few hundred dollars, if I get 25k miles on them, I will call it even. My jeep is maily for recreation and offroading, not really my DD. So if they help with the offroad, which they do wonderfully, I am happy.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.