JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   Need help installing Aussie Lockers in Las Vegas (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/need-help-installing-aussie-lockers-las-vegas-854118/)

SmackLayer 09-08-2009 10:22 PM

Need help installing Aussie Lockers in Las Vegas

I have some Aussie Lockers that I want to install on my 2000 TJ - front and rear. Unfortunately I don't really have the tools or experience to do this. The directions don't look too bad and I could probably grind through it over the course of the day, but would prefer someone experienced to get it done right.

Can anyone recommend any affordable shops in Las Vegas that can do this for me? Or even a forum member with experience doing this that wants to make a few bucks helping me install them (or more accurately me helping you install them). I am in Las Vegas, NV.

2000 TJ with D35 in front and D44 in rear. Thanks for your help.

igofshn 09-09-2009 02:56 PM

Contact sean bach. He is bachman on this forum.

SmackLayer 09-09-2009 03:06 PM

Tried to PM him, but it says his private message quote is full and can't accept any new messages. Thanks though.

yjjustforme 09-09-2009 10:05 PM

dont forget to get a set of feeler guages to measure the gaps for the aussie. i had a buddy help me out with mine and he had all the tools luckily.

SmackLayer 09-10-2009 07:54 PM

Yeah I read that in the instructions. I haven't got any response for private parties to help with this. I even emailed a few of the of the 4x4 clubs here in LV without any response. I guess it is either a b*tch to isntall and no one wants to get involved or everyone is on vacation this week.

I probably will end up taking it to Adams Driveshaft in Henderson. They gave me the best quote and seem to get glowing reviews. Still more than I was looking to spend but apparently they do good work.

timatoe 09-13-2009 09:04 PM

It's really not very difficult if you just take your time with it. I'd suggest having a vise handy as well.

yjjustforme 09-14-2009 02:36 PM

oh yeah make sure ur buddy doesnt drop your gears in the dirt!!!!! LOL

timatoe 09-14-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjjustforme (Post 7926658)
oh yeah make sure ur buddy doesnt drop your gears in the dirt!!!!! LOL

pshhh, nothing a couple a cans of brake cleaner won't fix.....:laugh:

It's still working isn't it??

yjjustforme 09-15-2009 06:58 AM

yeah its working great!!!!!!

mr4x4 09-17-2009 10:30 PM

I would be more then happy to help you
unfortunatly I'm in pahrump about 45.min. away
allthough you can bring it to me and go hang out have some lunch and play some slots I will have them installed in a couple of hours

I never recomend the aussie or aany lunch box locker in the rear they work good in the front but are short lived in a rear application your better off with a full carrier type of locker like the detroit

when I say short lived it could last 2-3 years or just a couple of months

SmackLayer 09-19-2009 06:44 PM

Thanks for the offer. I ended up going to Adams Driveshaft in Henderson. They were pretty helpful and seem to do quality work. Next time I need to some work I'll hit you up.

Funny your comments about the "short lived". I think you could pretty much say that about anything you install - might last a few months, might last a few years. For a few hundred dollars, if I get 25k miles on them, I will call it even. My jeep is maily for recreation and offroading, not really my DD. So if they help with the offroad, which they do wonderfully, I am happy.

The time now is 12:12 PM.