JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   Need advice on Custom Cage for YJ (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/need-advice-custom-cage-yj-1873530/)

srl520 12-09-2013 07:07 PM

Need advice on Custom Cage for YJ
 
First Post. Been lurking for couple months. Learned a lot on custom builds, projects and repairs. Pretty excited about getting started on the wives new toy.

Me: Pretty handy and used to be in the welding, fab business in the upper midwest. Sold business and all equipment. Got into custom woodworking, cabinets and interiors. Now, no time to for this next project, so the wife says.

Wife has been wanting a jeep for the back country trailing and sand dunes. Bought 94YJ. Time to start making the mods. Wife wants to drive it, not look at it in the garage as I get time to tear it apart and rebuild it. So she wants custom shop to do some of the more time consuming mods such as the cage and seat mounts that can be done in a couple weeks.

Suggestions for recommended custom fab shop to install complete custom cage for a YJ here in the Las Vegas?

sirhk100 12-09-2013 07:21 PM

MCM Fab, Talk with Matthew. Let him know Khris from MCM racing recommended him if you don't mind? 951-634-7139 (he's in vegas, has a legit business license and shop, just still uses his old cell as contact.) He typically will have a decent amount of trucks with cages and fab work around his place to show for reference of his work.

If you're not happy with him, let me know, we can maybe work something out. I'm in the side job dept these days to help cover a situation I'm gonna be in relatively soon once my tenants move out... LOL

Most here can probably vouch for my work and I've got a truck here I could show for reference... I've worked with one or two pieces of tubing before. LOL

andy02 12-09-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhk100
MCM Fab, Talk with Matthew. Let him know Khris from MCM racing recommended him if you don't mind? 951-634-7139 (he's in vegas, has a legit business license and shop, just still uses his old cell as contact.) He typically will have a decent amount of trucks with cages and fab work around his place to show for reference of his work. If you're not happy with him, let me know, we can maybe work something out. I'm in the side job dept these days to help cover a situation I'm gonna be in relatively soon once my tenants move out... LOL Most here can probably vouch for my work and I've got a truck here I could show for reference... I've worked with one or two pieces of tubing before. LOL

MCM racing or TPF racing?

sirhk100 12-09-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy02 (Post 18397194)
MCM racing or TPF racing?

I'm confused by your question? I'm telling him to contact Matt and MCM fab and if that doesn't work out get in contact with me and maybe we can work something out. I try to push work towards Matt first though cause it's literally what pays his bills and supports him and his kid where if I'm doing it, it's just helping me make ends meet while I get to pay two house payments for a while! LOL I can survive without the work, Matt can't... Granted, he's busy and work demand from him is pretty high these days but I'd still rather give him first dibs on fab work before I potentially steal it from him just cause. LOL

sirhk100 12-09-2013 08:05 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, never mind... LOL I see where you're coming from... I meant to say tell Matthew that Khris from TPF racing, not MCM sent you... LOL Whoops...

And I don't get any kickbacks or anything like that. Just letting him know as a friend I'm pushing work his way when I can and nothing more. He does CNC plasma favors for me so it's the least I can do in return!


Pffft, TPF racing? Who's ever heard of that!!! Granted, a friend just texted me with the cover of off-road magazine that he found in North Carolina so I guess someone has at least heard of us! LOL

srl520 12-09-2013 08:34 PM

Ok, I had to read this twice to understand it my self. Got it, typo error. Tell Matthew that Kris from TPF racing referred me.

andy02 12-09-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirhk100
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, never mind... LOL I see where you're coming from... I meant to say tell Matthew that Khris from TPF racing, not MCM sent you... LOL Whoops... And I don't get any kickbacks or anything like that. Just letting him know as a friend I'm pushing work his way when I can and nothing more. He does CNC plasma favors for me so it's the least I can do in return! Pffft, TPF racing? Who's ever heard of that!!! Granted, a friend just texted me with the cover of off-road magazine that he found in North Carolina so I guess someone has at least heard of us! LOL

My little brother texted me with the cover as well.

sirhk100 12-09-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srl520 (Post 18398434)
Ok, I had to read this twice to understand it my self. Got it, typo error. Tell Matthew that Kris from TPF racing referred me.

Yup, and if you don't not the end of the world by any means... LOL Let me know though if he doesn't work out for you and maybe I can knock it out...

And to not completely confuse you, the TPF racing magazine thing... A truck I built and race is on the cover of the magazine currently.

undergroundjeep 02-09-2014 07:51 PM

I know a couple awesome fab guys, good prices, top notch work. PM me if interested thank you.

srl520 02-10-2014 09:46 AM

Thanks for responding. I have not updated this post. I did fab work on stock cars 20yrs ago so I have some experience. I just wasn't wanting to really take on the project at the time due to to many other unfinished projects. But, checked with 5 fab guys and all were to busy until after x-mas. Decided to due it myself and currently the cage is done, painted and back in the jeep.

B0nez 02-10-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srl520
Thanks for responding. I have not updated this post. I did fab work on stock cars 20yrs ago so I have some experience. I just wasn't wanting to really take on the project at the time due to to many other unfinished projects. But, checked with 5 fab guys and all were to busy until after x-mas. Decided to due it myself and currently the cage is done, painted and back in the jeep.

Pics or it didn't happen! :-)

undergroundjeep 02-10-2014 09:35 PM

Pics!

srl520 02-11-2014 09:14 AM

Some reason not letting me upload pics. I will work on this.

srl520 02-12-2014 08:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics. Ready for Dumont this weekend.

B0nez 02-12-2014 11:22 AM

Nice job! Hopefully you will never use it


The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.