Moving to Nevada - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Moving to Nevada

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-19-2014, 02:05 AM   #1
Timmay82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Moving to Nevada

Hey all Nevadians? Navadans? Whatever.

I am a born and raised Californian. Lived here for over 30 years and now I am moving to Fernley (or somewhere between Reno and Fallon).

My question is what to expect? I know I have to smog my Jeep (at least from what I read) and it seems its an OBD-2 test to ensure your Jeeps sensors are ready (one being not ready is OK), correct me if I am wrong.

I also know I can remove the bullet buttons from all my rifles, and I must redo my CCW because "pro-gun" CCW schools in Nevada got pissed that a Arizona CCW was good to go there so the pushed to kill it so now I must get a Nevada CCW from these awesome pro-gun shops (sarcasm intended).

What are some things you wished others would have told you before moving to Nevada? Also what are some premier trails for my Jeep and stomping grounds for my Raptor 700 (no dunes).

Thanks.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed, (or even assumed) under the JeepForum user name: Timmay82, are strictly that of somebody else. If you don't agree, feel that you have been attacked and as such your feelings are hurt by the above said user, than you may present any issues that you may or may not have with somebody else!
Timmay82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
Mattific
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to nevada! Not sure on the smog but I recommend you check out reno4x4 since you'll be in this area. Lots of good people. You can also check out the events and trail runs thread and past trip reports for pictures for the trail runs that happen to get an idea on what there is
Unread 11-20-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
Timmay82
2006 TJ Wrangler 

From what I have read I can have one system not ready and its just an OBD check so I should be good to go. My EVAP system is in-op and will be forever but everything else is good to go. I got a friend who lives in Reno with a JK that I have gotten back in touch with so I am sure he can provide some guidance of the area. Also been chatting with Moses Lundel about the move as well. Pretty exciting.

Looking forward to meet new Jeepo folk in the area.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed, (or even assumed) under the JeepForum user name: Timmay82, are strictly that of somebody else. If you don't agree, feel that you have been attacked and as such your feelings are hurt by the above said user, than you may present any issues that you may or may not have with somebody else!
Timmay82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.