Moving to Las Vegas - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Moving to Las Vegas

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeSanta Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 04-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Moving to Las Vegas

I'm moving to Las Vegas next month and I was hoping y'all could recomend a local wheeling club for me. I'm looking for a family friendly club. I'm mostly stock so I'm looking for a club that is cool with a smaller rig.

Also, I was wondering if y'all could help me out with a question about the best tires for the wheeling in your area. I'm planning to buy new tires before I move and I was going with with BFG KM2's unless they are bad choice for the wheeling out there. Thanks!!

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I'm moving to Las Vegas next month and I was hoping y'all could recomend a local wheeling club for me. I'm looking for a family friendly club. I'm mostly stock so I'm looking for a club that is cool with a smaller rig.

Also, I was wondering if y'all could help me out with a question about the best tires for the wheeling in your area. I'm planning to buy new tires before I move and I was going with with BFG KM2's unless they are bad choice for the wheeling out there. Thanks!!
There's a group called Total Carnage or something. Probably not what you're looking for.

Welcome to town.
Unread 04-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to Vegas! My BFG A/T have never let me down. Can't say the same for cheap valve stems though.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You are probably looking for a club like the Backroaders. Their club runs are stock friendly and typically scenery oriented
www.nevadabackroaders.com
Or Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers. Their runs are typically harder than the backroaders and are oriented more towards offroad, not really scenery.
www.vv4w.org

Finally, you could hang out with the group of degenerates that posts in this section. Runs (and some other crap) comes up from time to time.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #5
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, backroaders will likely be right up your alley.

Welcome, moving just in time for the heat.

KM2's will be fine, as will BFG AT's or any Mud or AT will be fine out here. it depends on what you want to do?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I actually prefer the BFG A/T's, that's what I'm running now. I just needed the extra traction here so was planning on M/T's. Are more people who are using their daily drivers to wheel out there using A/T's or M/T's?
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Look into the Desert Wranglers. Very Family Friendly.

http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Wranglers-Jeep/
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #8
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The bfg a/t do really well here and the on road manners are excellent. It's a good tire for what we have here.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers vv4w.org claims to be family friendly and the runs definitely are, but no one under 21 is allowed at their meetings because they meet in a bar, but to be a member you have to attend meetings and be at least 18. I think they didn't think that one through.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
501STormtrooper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Look into the Desert Wranglers. Very Family Friendly.

http://www.meetup.com/Desert-Wranglers-Jeep/
I will second this group. Very family friendly. I also love my BFG A/T
501STormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #11
Xodius
2008 JK Wrangler 

I usually wheel alone as there is usually never anyone that wants to go or has the sole purpose of destroying their rig, not my thing so wife and I solo. On occasion my father in law tags along.
Xodius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #12
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xodius
I usually wheel alone as there is usually never anyone that wants to go or has the sole purpose of destroying their rig, not my thing so wife and I solo. On occasion my father in law tags along.
I like both the scenic and the stuff that requires a bit more challenge but not body/component damage. Unfortunately I usually am only able to go wheeling any hours Friday late afternoon - late Saturday nights. Careful wheeling alone, that's a dangerous hobby
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.