looking to start a Jeep 4x4 club in Las Vegas.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > looking to start a Jeep 4x4 club in Las Vegas..

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
theplasterman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

looking to start a Jeep 4x4 club in Las Vegas..

I am looking to start a Jeep 4x4 club in Las Vegas, and would like to see if there is any interest. Nothing hardcore, just a family oriented club that can go out wheeling around the Las Vegas area. If you are interested let me know.

(SOLD)2011 JK Unlimited - Rugged Ridge Stubby, smittybilt 10k Synthetic, Tuffy Concealed Carry Drawer, Tuffy Security Deck.
theplasterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
VegasTrailRider
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Once I get mine, I will be up for something like this.
VegasTrailRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
91rebel
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be interested but my jeep is in need of a motor right now.once its swapped let me know
91rebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
theplasterman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Let me know when you guys are up and running, Just bought a 97 TJ and am looking to get out and do some wheelin'

(SOLD)2011 JK Unlimited - Rugged Ridge Stubby, smittybilt 10k Synthetic, Tuffy Concealed Carry Drawer, Tuffy Security Deck.
Unread 01-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

I recently joined Nevada Backroaders - you should really check them out. Great Club, really nice people. They do 1 club run a month which a stock 4x4 has to be able to get through (like trail rating 2.5). Other, harder runs as people express interest.

There is another club called Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers - Again, great folks, but they tend to do trails that are outside of my skill & equipment range.

There is also another group called something like "Total Karnage" maybe? I've never met any of them, but they subscribe to the "not a good day until somebody rolls their rig" philosphy. Which is cool, but just not for me.

But anyway, you should check out NVB. Club run scheduled for Jan 30th.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)

Last edited by VegasMatt; 01-20-2010 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: spelling...
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:14 AM   #6
cj3a
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yj

I am currently in afghanistan, but i should be home in april sometime, and i will be way interested. have some minor repairs to do first, but I am all over it.

Last edited by cj3a; 01-23-2010 at 02:19 PM..
cj3a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
UNLVRich
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Would definitely be interested in something like that!! I have a stock TJ with plans to install lockers among other things. From what Matt said, Nevada Backroaders sounds pretty cool.
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
jquise2423

I was never a member of backroaders but I was out with them on occasion. Great group of people. I moved to Southern AZ or else I would still run with them.
jquise2423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
Lead Dog
2004 WJ 

I would be interested! just picked up a Mall Crawler and she needs to be broken in!
(RIP) 2004 TJ Unlimited, 8" High Crawler w/Dirt Logic coilovers, Currie HD Tie Rod, 37" Goodyears, OMF Scalloped Beadlocks w/Rock Rings, Warn Rear Tire carrier, Fabtech ft bumper, D30, D44 w/ 4.88 and Detroit's,Superior Axels.
Lead Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
theplasterman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the help guys, I will be looking into the clubs you suggested. Anyone that wants to hit some trails, shoot me a PM

Unread 01-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I was go0ing to mention all 3 of those clubs, haha.

Nevada Backroaders is exactly how they sound, backroad trails. Simple stuff, family fun, etc.

total Carnage (or Karnage?) is exactly how they sound...you'll break your rig.

Either way, they all have website I believe.

If you all want info on good trils of different difficulties to run, shoot me a PM, I dont have a jeep anymore but I know about some good stuff for sure.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2010, 01:05 AM   #12
kairo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

vegas4x4.com was a local guy from Reno who moved back down there. Not sure what the site is up to now
kairo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2010, 04:29 AM   #13
owenswj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeh, I'm hitting the trails with Nevada Backroaders this saturday. Will be my WJ's maiden voyage! We'll see how it goes. I heard they are a pretty good group of folks and it fun for the whole family.
owenswj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
bonofied suiter
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Vegas Valley 4-wheelers does a variety of different runs and are family friendly too. Sure, we do some of the harder stuff but also some easy trails too. If you have a stock 4x4 or SUV then the Backroaders would be a good fit but keep in mind that they don't do much that would require your low range. If you have a suspension lift, larger than stock tires and perhaps lockers but don't want the body damage then our club is for you. Total Karnage is for the more extreme. Many of us are members of a few of these groups and we often join up for a good cause (such as Toys for Tots). VV4W has been around for 30+ years and do a lot of public service such as cleanups and efforts to keep our public lands public. We put on a big run in November called the Hump-N-Bump.

We have meetings that everyone is welcome to attend on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at Bugsy's Speakeasy at 7:00 PM.

To be a member of our club you need to attend three meetings and go on three club runs within three months and then be voted in by the membership. We have a lot of fun and plan on doing some day runs with BBQ's at the top of the trail.

2010 -2011 -2012 Hump-N-Bump Director / Czar
bonofied suiter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
Beerman621
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonofied suiter View Post
Vegas Valley 4-wheelers does a variety of different runs and are family friendly too. Sure, we do some of the harder stuff but also some easy trails too. If you have a stock 4x4 or SUV then the Backroaders would be a good fit but keep in mind that they don't do much that would require your low range. If you have a suspension lift, larger than stock tires and perhaps lockers but don't want the body damage then our club is for you. Total Karnage is for the more extreme. Many of us are members of a few of these groups and we often join up for a good cause (such as Toys for Tots). VV4W has been around for 30+ years and do a lot of public service such as cleanups and efforts to keep our public lands public. We put on a big run in November called the Hump-N-Bump.

We have meetings that everyone is welcome to attend on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at Bugsy's Speakeasy at 7:00 PM.

To be a member of our club you need to attend three meetings and go on three club runs within three months and then be voted in by the membership. We have a lot of fun and plan on doing some day runs with BBQ's at the top of the trail.
would a 2.25 inch BB and a bumper be "built enough"? I would like to get involved, im currently waiting to join Nevada Backroaders on a run. And I would like to join you guys as well. Send some more info my way please.
Beerman621 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.