Looking for a Jeeping/wrenching buddy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Looking for a Jeeping/wrenching buddy

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Danegerous
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looking for a Jeeping/wrenching buddy

No homo, first and foremost. I just moved here from Chicago for the USAF and all my buddies are back home that I used to wrench and wheel with.

I'm in North Vegas and I'm planning some decent mods soon, Currie HD steering, ORO swayloc, Currie 4" lift (to replace my RE).

Anyway, hollar.
Dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
I once slipped with a rotary wire brush that burned through my jeans and left a very nice deep gouge in my leg.

If it had been up a little higher, I'd have gone from a rooster to a hen.
Danegerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So your not gay, just on the down low? Ha ha, I wrench when I can, but with two toddlers the wife makes me feel like I an going to the strip club every time I walk in the garage.

Lets see some pics of your ride
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Danegerous
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm also in the "two toddlers and a wife" boat. Here are some pics since I've been out here.

Quote:
I once slipped with a rotary wire brush that burned through my jeans and left a very nice deep gouge in my leg.

Unread 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of seats are those? Nice ride. Do you have your own place to work on your jeep or you need a place? If the schedule fits, I'd be happy to help. You'll have to post up when you're ready. Probably have better luck posting in the top thread. That's where we all hang out.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
Danegerous
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Those are Corbeau A4 seats. Unfortunately right now I've been doing all my work in my apartment parking lot, haha. There is a garage on base, however, that is completely stocked with all the tools, lifts, etc that is needed to work on stuff, for a tiny fee.

I'll be ordering the steering stuff, and my swayloc within the next week to month. Those are both easy in the parking lot. The lift is a little more difficult.

I'll join in the conversation up top. I appreciate your responses. And thanks, I like this little Jeep, too. I just bought it when I got out here, I have a lot of plans including the afore mentioned, hi-line fenders, 35s, D44 front and rear with ARBs and 4.56s or 4.88s, more armor, etc. Those sorts of things will require more beer and more help.

Quote:

Unread 04-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm also down to wrench when time permits. Sweet ride that's going to get sweeter.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

You'll find nobody here who is nice enough or sane enough to help you with your jeep!

Nah, just kidding.

Post up whenever you need help, there always seems to be somebody who is free to turn a wrench, especially when beer is provided.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Da
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
You'll find nobody here who is nice enough or sane enough to help you with your jeep!

Nah, just kidding.

Post up whenever you need help, there always seems to be somebody who is free to turn a wrench, especially when beer is provided.
X2 on the beer comment. I am currently laid off from the union so I am looking to keep my hands and mind busy. No wife or kids, just a girlfriend and a dog. So let me know when you need some help. I have some tools and a mild mechanical knowledge, as long as you have an idea, i am more then willing to lend a hand. Let me know when and where
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #9
sirhk100

Wrenching? Nobody around here does that crap, we sip tea, eat crumpets and sit around complaining about the queen.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:54 PM   #10
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Wrenching? Nobody around here does that crap, we sip tea, eat crumpets and sit around complaining about the queen.
God save the Queen.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

God save the Queen.

Sent from my Imagination
From what?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #12
sirhk100

everything!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #13
Danegerous
1999 TJ Wrangler 

A little update. I am now on base, so I have a full two car garage and about a million tools. I just got back from Afghanistan, so I'm taking it easy, but I hope to get into some Jeep projects soon. I installed that heavy duty steering system (in the parking lot), haha. Next big project is the new lift. In the meantime I will be painting my grill a flat black (like the attached pic), and installing some new headlights. Little stuff...

Quote:

Unread 04-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

are you painting black or just plasti dipping?
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Danegerous
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My plan was to sand it, prime it and duplicolor it. It'll have a similar texture to bedlining but not as aggressive.

Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.