Las Vegas weekday getaway ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Las Vegas weekday getaway ?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Tana

Las Vegas weekday getaway ?

Looking to find some people that are off on mon tue wed to do an over nighter or 2 up to beatty and then bbq at the hard luck mine castle and spend the night lots of 4 wheeling in the area around beatty and goldfield. Just trying to put something together for those of us who work all weekend long. Comments, interest or ideas.

Tana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

When my schedule lightens up in the next few weeks I should be looking at Tues/Wed off
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

I would be interested, what kind of trails are up there? I am new to this and this vehicle is my daily driver.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
sirhk100

Notice the dates of the posts above yours...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Ha ha, I totally didn't notice them. Thanks.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #6
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not a response to the OP but around Beatty is a great place for mild trailing. The one-way trail through Titus Canyon is easy & you don’t even need 4wd or high clearance. Also there is a trail out from the west end of Beatty from Center St. That follows the old train line to Rhyolite that comes out at the north end of “town” at the old "restored"(?) railroad depot. You have to go around the missing trestles through the washes (dry) but not hard for any jeep (when dry anyway). Take that out of Beatty, then see Rhyolite & leave there going south towards the highway to Death Valley. If you like old cemeteries watch for the sign & the road that goes west to the cemetery (N 36 52.938’ W116 49.771’). From the cemetery continue south to the highway then west to the sign for Titus Canyon. You come out of the canyon overlooking DV & can return to Beatty or head back through DV to Amargosa or Pahrump.

There are some slightly more challenging trails east of Beatty. You can start south of town & loop around to the highway north of town. There is an interesting very narrow shelf road that you definitely don’t want to meet someone going the other way on one of those trails. You can start from Fluorspar road & for a while follow Tates wash then over a ridge (going down is the shelf road) to Beatty wash & to the highway.
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.