JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   Las Vegas Shop for locker install and regear? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/las-vegas-shop-locker-install-regear-1493817/)

matthew900 03-15-2013 11:05 AM

Las Vegas Shop for locker install and regear?

I've finally got some cash and I want to get some work done to get my jeep back on the road. Part of the project is getting regeared and lockers installed. I contacted 4WD and they wanted $1000 for labor just to do the install/setup on the differentials. I was wondering if there was another quality option here in town that may have a more reasonable labor cost? Thanks!

Matt

sirhk100 03-15-2013 11:10 AM

Some other options would be Adam's driveshaft, Dan's Driveline, TNT Motorsports, possibly backcountry 4x4 (not sure if they do gear work or not but they know their jeeps!). No clue how any of them will compare price wise for you though.

Puck81 03-15-2013 02:52 PM

I second Adam's drive shaft.

Sent from my Imagination

thejosh 03-15-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew900 (Post 15139089)
I've finally got some cash and I want to get some work done to get my jeep back on the road. Part of the project is getting regeared and lockers installed. I contacted 4WD and they wanted $1000 for labor just to do the install/setup on the differentials. I was wondering if there was another quality option here in town that may have a more reasonable labor cost? Thanks!

Matt

Adam's Driveshaft quoted me a little more than what you say 4WD wanted. This was for gears and labor for both axles. When adding an auto locker, they would only charge for the cost of the locker otherwise labor would be extra for a selectable locker. Give them a call. They were great to deal with when I got my new driveshaft installed.

squirrelbomb 03-15-2013 03:26 PM

The guy at North Las Vegas isn't too bad but he takes forever. I ended up going to 4 wheel parts. I think it took three days.

matthew900 03-15-2013 11:30 PM

That was just the labor cost. I'll give Adam's Driveshaft a call. Thanks!!

B0nez 03-16-2013 08:37 PM

You should consider talking to Brick (yes, that's his name) at Dan's and let him know that Chad with the white LJ told you to call because he does EXCELLENT work at reasonable prices. They don't advertise, just go through word of mouth and they do a great job and are honest about their work.

sirhk100 03-16-2013 10:16 PM

I've never dealt with Dans but have heard absolutely nothing but good word of mouth about them! I just stick with adams solely cause they're on my side of town...

ksturgio 03-16-2013 11:05 PM

Dans is awesome. I got a quote to rebuild my rear diff for $1200. Dans sad they would be cheaper and didn't give a price. I walked out at $400. Whenever I need anything driveline in the future I'm taking it to dans.

MMCKEIG 03-19-2013 01:45 PM

I support Adam's all day. They did the regear for my ride and they were excellent. Even if you choose to go somewhere else, I'd at least go to Adam's and talk to James (the owner). He is a great guy, who has always helped me out, as well as many others on this forum.

matthew900 03-21-2013 09:48 AM

Adams refuses to install OX lockers so I'll give Dan's a call. Thanks!

ksturgio 03-21-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew900
Adams refuses to install OX lockers so I'll give Dan's a call. Thanks!

WTF did they say why.

andy02 03-21-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksturgio (Post 15169479)
WTF did they say why.

I would venture to guess it is because they don't want the hassle of people claiming their locker doesn't work when all that is needed is a simple cable adjustment. When I had mine installed by Dan's, they wouldn't do an initial adjustment on the cable. Left that up to me because they said that doing an initial adjustment meant that I knew how to adjust it afterwords.

matthew900 03-21-2013 10:26 AM

They said the machining was poor quality and they had fitment issues. It got me concerned and I did a bunch of research but I couldn't find any information that this is an issue on the current design so I think it's due to the early versions which did have issues.

On the flip side it’s impressive to see a shop doing so well they can refuse work on a project this size so it means they are doing well. I have to admit I’m disappointed since they are so highly recommended. People are even recommending them in the TJ forums for people to order drive shafts from.

sirhk100 03-21-2013 10:37 AM

Adam's is always busy! I seem to be in there more often then I'd like to be and they're always slammed!

The time now is 02:48 PM.