Las Vegas off-roading/trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Las Vegas off-roading/trails

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
mike0

Las Vegas off-roading/trails

Hello, Im new here. I am from Colorado and did tons of wheeling up there. Now that I am in Vegas, I am looking for some good places to go.

Thanks.

mike0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
MUDMNKY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Mike! Friend of mine just took his Jeep rental business to Vegas. He hasn't been there long but has already found places to go. Go check out his website. You'll find his # there. Tell him Flora sent ya. And then help him promote his business! LOL! http://www.lasvegasjeeps.com/

I used to live out in Pahrump (60 miles west of Vegas) and plan to drive my Jeep out there for a visit, maybe next week. With the gas prices coming down I can get away with a trip or two.

Have fun!
Unread 11-30-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

theres alot of wheeling out here what type of wheeling do you prefer
we have everything from easy scienic trails to hard core rock buggy trails

you can go to logandale its a short drive from vegas and a ton of trails from scienic to hard core

you can check a few local clubs for runs they dont mind if you tag along

the nevada backroaders are more into the trail scienic rides
http://www.nevadabackroaders.com/index.html

vegas valley 4wheelers are kinda in between they do both scienic and hard core trails
http://www.vv4w.org/index2.asp

total karnage is all hard core with disregard to sheet metal
http://www.totalkarnage.net/totalkarnageLV.htm
Unread 12-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
bigj1974
1999 TJ Wrangler 

some of us in the backroaders do mid-weeks runs all the time, so keep a constant eye on that board. It's a vital organization with tons of great folks.

we've also recently grown an affection for Arizona. I just led our monthly November Club run out to Cyclopic Mine out of White Hills, AZ. I'm sure we'll expand out to Utah one of these days, too!

It's stark out here, but it has its own beauty, too!

just depends on what kind of stuff you wanna do. there's some rock-crawling, and dirt roads leading to everywhere. old mines, ghost towns to see, etc. Death Valley is close by, so are Zion, Arches, Grand Canyon, some stuff out in California, etc.
bigj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
mike0

Sounds good. Ill look into it.

Thanks.
mike0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
05moabTJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was a member of the nevadabackroaders when I lived in Vegas for 3 years, great group to join. They actually spend more time wheeling then online,lol. And they're not out to break your stuff on all the runs. Great group.

05moabTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.