JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Nevada Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/)
-   -   Hunting Buddy in Vegas (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f318/hunting-buddy-vegas-993376/)

VegasMatt 03-17-2010 03:10 PM

Hunting Buddy in Vegas

Hey all,

I belong to a Jeep club here in LV, and do a fair amount of wheeling. Iíve developed an interest hunting these past few years, mostly self-taught since my old man was never really into it. I get out when I can, mostly solo because I donít know anyone else who likes to. Since journeying out to the middle of nowhere alone isnít the smartest move, Iím wondering if there are any other hunters out there who want to go out and call some coyotes sometime? Maybe teach me a few tips and tricks along the way? Iíd like to build up my skill sets on coyotes and birds before moving up to mule deer or pronghorn.

-Matt

Powrjunkey 09-05-2011 07:34 PM

I would love to join you on this. I have no experience though, but am in the same boat as you, not wanting to go alone and not knowing how to prepare meat and such when on bigger animals. My email is groundrulesjc@hotmail.com. Chris

Xodius 10-03-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasMatt (Post 9104344)
Hey all,

I belong to a Jeep club here in LV, and do a fair amount of wheeling. Iíve developed an interest hunting these past few years, mostly self-taught since my old man was never really into it. I get out when I can, mostly solo because I donít know anyone else who likes to. Since journeying out to the middle of nowhere alone isnít the smartest move, Iím wondering if there are any other hunters out there who want to go out and call some coyotes sometime? Maybe teach me a few tips and tricks along the way? Iíd like to build up my skill sets on coyotes and birds before moving up to mule deer or pronghorn.

-Matt

For a second I thought I posted this. :D I am a hunter and Jeeper. This year I am planning on a bird hunt with my father in law and a buddy of ours. It is going to be a three day trip. I would invite but with the three of us, we are...well they are a bit selective.
I do mostly birds...or try to along with Rabbits and a few other items. I am a active member on Nevadashooters.com also...same name. There are a few of us hunters there and others that just love firearms but are not the typical gun nuts...perhaps a few past that point. Anyway, I welcome you to join over there, there is a hunting section there. A buddy of mine in Henderson, him and I are supposed to go out in a few weeks. He is not a jeeper but loves off road.
Shoot me a message either here or on NS and we can set something up. Let me know your skill level(s), what all you have done and I will see what I can do for you. I am not a huge hunter by any means, and am fairly new at it, several years under my belt but love to jeep and hunt.
Just a FYI, if you hunt birds, Chukar in particular you will learn that the first time is for fun and every time after that is revenge. Evil little bird, but sure tastes good.:D
As for Yotes, on NS look up OneSicSoul. He is the resident yote afficiano. Seems like he goes about twice a month and is always posting pictures of his take of the night. He mostly spotlights them.
Dont tell my wife but we are going to see what yotes we can pick up this trip. Wife says no to that but everything else she is a-ok on. Go figure. She is a hell of a marksmen so I try not to piss her off too much :D

Tagsrover 10-06-2011 10:56 PM

I'd also be interested in hunting. I've only ever been dove hunting before (those things are fast). But I just bout a 30-06 and am itching to break it in properly.

VegasMatt 10-07-2011 11:34 AM

wow this thread came back from the dead haha. I haven't been out in forever, just been too busy recently. Also, you have to drive so far in this desert to find game. Kane Springs is probably 3 hours one way from my house.

I need to get a new barrel for my mossy 500 before I go after some birds, but I don't think it's gonna happen this fall.

Dr. Marneaus 10-07-2011 04:55 PM

Well I'd be glad to go hunting as well with anyone that wants to, but i'm inexperienced.

Powrjunkey 10-07-2011 06:48 PM

Want to get some yotes and rabbits at Christmas tree pass with the AR

The time now is 01:08 AM.