help with a 4.2 to 4.0 swap $$ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > help with a 4.2 to 4.0 swap $$

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #1
darrentrent
1989 YJ Wrangler 

help with a 4.2 to 4.0 swap $$

Hi I am Darren and I have a 89 jeep yj that ive been playing with the last couple years. Currently has a 4.2 with a weber 34/34 carb but I am looking for someone to help with a swap of an 95 jeep Cherokee 4.0 that I have. I have read the swap threads and have a fairly good understanding of what needs to be done but am looking for help to make sure everything is correct. I am willing to pay you for your time. I would prefer someone that has done this exact swap but am fine with someone that has done other swaps and is good with electrical work also if you have a cherry picker that would be great.
Both jeeps are at my house and I will gather all tools and parts prior to us doing that swap although I would like to collaborate beforehand to make sure we will have everything needed. Thank you Hope to hear from someone soon!

EDIT: I am located in las vegas not cedar city sorry for the confusion!

Last edited by darrentrent; 07-25-2014 at 03:23 PM..
darrentrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 06:31 AM   #2
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a decent project - I wish I could give you a hand but my experience + your location would count me out.

You might have better luck/responses posting this up in the Utah Jeep Forum threads instead of the Nevada Jeep Forum threads since you are located in Cedar City Utah and that would be one heck of a drive for a lot of NV folks.

Either way, good luck!
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #3
darrentrent
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I am actually in las vegas now sorry I have forgotten to change my location I am still definitely looking for help in las vegas I am located near 215 and warm springs
Unread 07-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ahh welcome to Vegas then! Sorry my lack of experience still counts me out
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #5
darrentrent
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you anyways and thanks for pointing out my mistake haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.