Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 99 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #1471
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
I saw your thread on NS. I really like the stock and the AR mag thing. Looks like a fun rifle to shoot.
yup yup! didnt want another .308 platform ($$ for ammo, even reloading aint cheap), dont like the AR platform, so went with the bolt gun in .223.

So far it's been good out to 700 on a calm day, hoping to push further than that but the round itself is pretty useless after 400 yards, so, at those distances its just for ringing the steel

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #1472
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Would you mind posting a link to the thread on NS that shows it off?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #1473
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Would you mind posting a link to the thread on NS that shows it off?
Sure thing

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=44886

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #1474
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

What is the twist rate on the MVP? I have only held one at the shot show a few years back and don't remember the details.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #1475
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Woo that's a fancy shooter ya got there. I just read the entire thread and it looks really cool!
Unread 02-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #1476
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21 View Post
What is the twist rate on the MVP? I have only held one at the shot show a few years back and don't remember the details.
1:9

Not so great for the heavy heavy bullets, but most of those need to be seated past magazine length anyway.

Quote:

Unread 02-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #1477
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Woo that's a fancy shooter ya got there. I just read the entire thread and it looks really cool!
nah nah nah. its just a $500 rifle thats all stock with what is basically just "Decent" glass on top. Nothing fancy, it ain't no setup like Terry has.

Quote:

Unread 02-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #1478
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Gotta admit I am growing a little tired of the AR. I usually end up shooting at 300-400 to keep the challenge there. I have a pending sale on my current AR and have parts to build another lower for a lightweight 14.5" upper I like. I think once that is done, I may SBR the lower and switch out the 14.5 for an 11" upper once the stamp comes in. Keep that for short distance use and a bolt gun for my middle to long distance fun.

I like the idea of keeping an AR around for the home and an SBR works much better for that. Concussion blast is a bit of f*%^er tho
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #1479
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
Gotta admit I am growing a little tired of the AR. I usually end up shooting at 300-400 to keep the challenge there. I have a pending sale on my current AR and have parts to build another lower for a lightweight 14.5" upper I like. I think once that is done, I may SBR the lower and switch out the 14.5 for an 11" upper once the stamp comes in. Keep that for short distance use and a bolt gun for my middle to long distance fun.

I like the idea of keeping an AR around for the home and an SBR works much better for that. Concussion blast is a bit of f*%^er tho
That was always kinda my thought process.

I wanted an AR to be little/light, which means it aint gonna be too good for longer distance, so I filled the niche with a bolt gun.

If i ever do another AR, it'll be a 14.5" middy as light as i can build it.

Quote:

Unread 02-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #1480
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Anything under 16" has to have a SBR stamp unless you have a flash hider that brings it to 16". Most go 16.5" to be on the safe side.
Unread 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #1481
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Is a SBR stamp hard to get?
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #1482
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Is a SBR stamp hard to get?
not 'hard' per say, just takes ttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee e. BATFE now says they have up to 15 months to get back to you.

I hear the new e-file system is returning them in like 3 months though.

Quote:

Unread 02-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #1483
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So a SBR stamp is like getting a suppressor right?
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #1484
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
So a SBR stamp is like getting a suppressor right?
Pretty much.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #1485
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

It's the same basic process as a suppressor.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.