Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 99 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 02-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #1471
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
I saw your thread on NS. I really like the stock and the AR mag thing. Looks like a fun rifle to shoot.
yup yup! didnt want another .308 platform ($$ for ammo, even reloading aint cheap), dont like the AR platform, so went with the bolt gun in .223.

So far it's been good out to 700 on a calm day, hoping to push further than that but the round itself is pretty useless after 400 yards, so, at those distances its just for ringing the steel

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:19 AM   #1472
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Would you mind posting a link to the thread on NS that shows it off?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #1473
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Would you mind posting a link to the thread on NS that shows it off?
Sure thing

http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=44886

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #1474
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

What is the twist rate on the MVP? I have only held one at the shot show a few years back and don't remember the details.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #1475
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Woo that's a fancy shooter ya got there. I just read the entire thread and it looks really cool!
Unread 02-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #1476
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21 View Post
What is the twist rate on the MVP? I have only held one at the shot show a few years back and don't remember the details.
1:9

Not so great for the heavy heavy bullets, but most of those need to be seated past magazine length anyway.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #1477
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Woo that's a fancy shooter ya got there. I just read the entire thread and it looks really cool!
nah nah nah. its just a $500 rifle thats all stock with what is basically just "Decent" glass on top. Nothing fancy, it ain't no setup like Terry has.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #1478
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Gotta admit I am growing a little tired of the AR. I usually end up shooting at 300-400 to keep the challenge there. I have a pending sale on my current AR and have parts to build another lower for a lightweight 14.5" upper I like. I think once that is done, I may SBR the lower and switch out the 14.5 for an 11" upper once the stamp comes in. Keep that for short distance use and a bolt gun for my middle to long distance fun.

I like the idea of keeping an AR around for the home and an SBR works much better for that. Concussion blast is a bit of f*%^er tho
4x4Brit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #1479
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
Gotta admit I am growing a little tired of the AR. I usually end up shooting at 300-400 to keep the challenge there. I have a pending sale on my current AR and have parts to build another lower for a lightweight 14.5" upper I like. I think once that is done, I may SBR the lower and switch out the 14.5 for an 11" upper once the stamp comes in. Keep that for short distance use and a bolt gun for my middle to long distance fun.

I like the idea of keeping an AR around for the home and an SBR works much better for that. Concussion blast is a bit of f*%^er tho
That was always kinda my thought process.

I wanted an AR to be little/light, which means it aint gonna be too good for longer distance, so I filled the niche with a bolt gun.

If i ever do another AR, it'll be a 14.5" middy as light as i can build it.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #1480
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Anything under 16" has to have a SBR stamp unless you have a flash hider that brings it to 16". Most go 16.5" to be on the safe side.
Unread 02-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #1481
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Is a SBR stamp hard to get?
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #1482
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Is a SBR stamp hard to get?
not 'hard' per say, just takes ttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee e. BATFE now says they have up to 15 months to get back to you.

I hear the new e-file system is returning them in like 3 months though.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #1483
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So a SBR stamp is like getting a suppressor right?
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #1484
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
So a SBR stamp is like getting a suppressor right?
Pretty much.
4x4Brit is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #1485
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

It's the same basic process as a suppressor.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.