Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 95 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #1411
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've enjoyed shooting AR's a few times, but for the most part they have been unimpressive because of the constant issues they seem to develop. I've only fired one mini 14 and it was pretty nice but I am with you, if I DO go .223, it will be a bolt action. I've got too much Jeep stuff to do so I can't allocate any additional funds towards firearms right now. I just think it's cool my doc is encouraging me to get a firearm. I've got some really cool doctors

Edit: oh yeah, it's pretty satisfying to me to go out to the desert and yell argh and blow through a 10 round mag of .22lr. I guess I am pretty easy to please

B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #1412
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
unless you like to go out in the desert and go "AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH" while you dump a 30 round magazine, maybe, lol.
That's what my AK is for; I hold no illusions that it's a hunting rifle.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #1413
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I know a lot of folks (myself included for the most part) don't feel comfortable answering questions about firearm ownership with their Doctor, but what do you do when your Doc tells you that you should get a Ruger mini 14? I wonder if the wife will approve of the purchase since it is "doctors orders" after all
Find a new doctor is what I would do. Anyone advising me to buy one of those is crazy.

Just kidding about the new doctor part. I would tell him thanks for the advice but I'll stick with accurate rifles in the AR variety.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #1414
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Haha true, he was telling me it's not very accurate, but that it will be a lot of fun to shoot. He is also trying to talk me into a Sig Saur X5.

Makes me wonder if he wants to get paid if he is giving me all these ideas of stuff to do with my money
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #1415
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21 View Post
Find a new doctor is what I would do. Anyone advising me to buy one of those is crazy.

Just kidding about the new doctor part. I would tell him thanks for the advice but I'll stick with accurate rifles in the AR variety.
Nothing wrong with a mini, does it have the same inherent accuracy as an ar? No, but thats fine.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #1416
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Out of curiosity, why is the mini 14 less accurate than the AR?
Unread 02-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #1417
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

From what I've been told, gas impingement is more accurate than the gas piston due to less moving mass at the front of the rifle. That's just what I've been told, and it seems to make sense.
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #1418
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
From what I've been told, gas impingement is more accurate than the gas piston due to less moving mass at the front of the rifle. That's just what I've been told, and it seems to make sense.
I believe that's is true, but there is a design flaw in the mini 14's barrel that makes it not as finely accurate.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #1419
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why is the mini 14 less accurate than the AR?
here you go Bonez
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:47 PM   #1420
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I understand that explains the point, but I hate when people call "high speed" camera shots something they shot at 30 FPS just slowed down.....ITS NOT A HIGH SPEED CAMERA. ITS SLOW MOTION
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #1421
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
holy cow that's crazy looking! Why doesn't Ruger fix that?
Unread 02-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #1422
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
holy cow that's crazy looking! Why doesn't Ruger fix that?
they have kinda. The newer versions are supposed to be better but they also make stabilizing braces for the barrel. I think many people expect it to be a sniper rifle and it isn't. It is accurate enough to down game and for me it has been nothing but accurate. At the same time I don't send 30rds down range over and over again either. I want to get some decent optics for it, get on a bench and really heat it up and see what happens.
Unread 02-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #1423
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just throwing this idea out. Who would be interested in getting together for a shooting competition? I was thinking of picking up a steel target set, and then get all of us together. Charge $10-20 per person, and whoever wins takes the target home. Either we can all chip in and buy the target and make it a revolving ownership(whoever wins keeps it for a month, and its up for grabs the next month) or one of us could buy it and takes entry fees from those who enter. Any ideas on how we could make it fair and work for everyone? Think this is a bs idea? let me know.
Unread 02-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #1424
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am not worthy to compete, but it would be fun to watch
Unread 02-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #1425
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What type of competition? Caliber, action, firearm type, speed, etc.?
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.