Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 93 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #1381
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I hope I don't get a tax return, government screws me over enough already, I don't wanna give them a free loan too
huh?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #1382
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21 View Post
Nice. That was my first press. They are great presses and will last several lifetimes
I have a bunch of rag tag reloading equip that I pieced together or was given over the past year or so. I currently have an old RCBS Partner Press.

I have not owned a scale or powder dispenser because I was loading cowboy type loads (.45-70 and .38spl that were nowhere near max charge) and I was using powder scoops to accomplish that. That works well for pinking ammo.

However, with the .223 and the cost of match ammo, I decided to start getting more precise on the reloading front, so now I can make match quality ammo for the guns that demand it. I likely will never reload in large volumes because it's not worth my time to load plinking ammo in stuff that isnt high dollar to begin with. The .45-70 loads i make save me about $1.25 per shot when doing reduced power loads (405gr cast boolits at about 1100FPS) and about $.75 per shot when doing full power loads (300gr jacketed at about 1900FPS), so that's definitely worth it.

anyway, Im excited now that I have some quality tools to do the job. just gotta decap, swage, resize, teim, chamfer and deburr about another 1000 5.56 cases and then I can get around to actually reloading them and working up some good loads. oh joy.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #1383
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
huh?
You only get a refund if you over pay your taxes. Until you file your return the government gets to keep your money as an interest free loan.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #1384
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
You only get a refund if you over pay your taxes. Until you file your return the government gets to keep your money as an interest free loan.
This.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #1385
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Got it, just didn't realize what he was saying.

My return isn't normally as much based on my income but it goes up a few hundred based on my student loan interest payments and whatnot.

Is there a way to set up so you only pay what you actually or is it just you prefer to owe come tax season.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-04-2014, 09:46 PM   #1386
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry I guess I shoulda used a few more words there. You can adjust how much is withheld based on your best guess, tax bracket and income. Ideally I end up paying ~$5. Never got that close though, I've usually ended up with a small refund
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:59 AM   #1387
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

If your income is very predictable and your deductions are very predictable you can get close. Otherwise the smart thing to do is to aim to actually owe a little bit. That way the government is giving you the free loan.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #1388
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
If your income is very predictable and your deductions are very predictable you can get close. Otherwise the smart thing to do is to aim to actually owe a little bit. That way the government is giving you the free loan.
Ah. Well my income is pretty unpredictable. I made several thousand more this year without actually getting a pay increase

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #1389
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I overpaid big time last year... To the tune of over $2500. I have never had that big of a refund before. I was paying extra on my 1040-ES every quarter due to the social security tax increases last year.
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #1390
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I overpaid big time last year... To the tune of over $2500. I have never had that big of a refund before. I was paying extra on my 1040-ES every quarter due to the social security tax increases last year.
my wife and I got $8000 back our first year filing married. But we both got breaks for college tuition.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #1391
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

My wife and I never get more than $800 for a return every year.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:42 PM   #1392
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Try bringing a full time college student earning almost $40k a year for 10 years straight! It's a nice boost to my Jeep fund every February. Oh and one of the perks of my job is I haven't paid to go to school for 5 of the years (thanks to grants and scholarships)! Keep slaving away suckers! Haha

Oh, and unlike Marn I truly will be a Dr. in 6 months! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #1393
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Try bringing a full time college student earning almost $40k a year for 10 years straight! It's a nice boost to my Jeep fund every February. Oh and one of the perks of my job is I haven't paid to go to school for 5 of the years (thanks to grants and scholarships)! Keep slaving away suckers! Haha

Awesome Merrick! Keep it going buddy.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:55 PM   #1394
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

And, I'm just messing about calling you all suckers. What I do definitely isn't for everyone, and I'm glad. Only .9% of the US population has a PhD.

And, believe me there are other jobs I would love to have, just lack the skill set required. But, hey I get approximately 4 months off a year, so I cannot complain! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #1395
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

A doctor of hospitality? Lol, lets see how many lives you save and sicknesses you cure.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.