Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #121
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
All these idiots on both sides need to stop the grand standing, sit down at a table, and come up with some proposals that will actually help keep guns out of the hands of criminals and nut cases.
Don't care what your political views are... It's as simple as that right there and nothing more!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #122
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That's why I'm a libertarian. If you want to be gay that's your business. If I want to own a gun it's my business. Now STFU and pass a budget and quit telling me what to do.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #123
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I figured that you guys would like this one
gun-stuff.jpg  
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #124
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
All these idiots on both sides need to stop the grand standing, sit down at a table, and come up with some proposals that will actually help keep guns out of the hands of criminals and nut cases.
Until someone figures out a way to read a persons thoughts, nothing they do will help. You can't tell if someone is a criminal or not by the way they look. You can't tell if someone is going to snap or not. Laws do not deter criminal behavior and they never will. Laws, like locks, just keep honest people honest. If the laws detered criminal behavior than nobody would commit murder and nobody would do drugs. Another law about guns means nothing for the criminal populace.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #125
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dunno about you, but I sure as shet don't want people reading MY mind! That's about as clear cut of a case of invasion of privacy as you can get! BIG nono!
Unread 03-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #126
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Dunno about you, but I sure as shet don't want people reading MY mind! That's about as clear cut of a case of invasion of privacy as you can get! BIG nono!
I agree with you and it will never happen. Even if you could, we would all wind up in mental hospitals leading to a collapse of society. We have all had some type of crazy thought at some point or another. Hence my point. How can you pass a law that will deter a criminal without knowing who the criminal is? You can't and you will never be able to.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #127
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Aim surplus has Troy mags in stock if anyone needs some.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #128
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tactical bolt knob installed

Unread 03-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #129
sirhk100

Did you get that knob off an '80s automatic ford with the shifter on the column?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #130
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Did you get that knob off an '80s automatic ford with the shifter on the column?
Exactly
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #131
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Went shooting with Marn and he had to break out the .357 and nail my steel target at 220 yds

image-519550790.jpg
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #132
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This was after he nailed it the easy way with my 700

image-708959478.jpg
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #133
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Went shooting with Marn and he had to break out the .357 and nail my steel target at 220 yds

Attachment 598160
What Terry doesnt tell you is that directly after I fired through 3 cylinders of ammo and scored 3 hits (3 for 18) he picked up my stupid glock, leaned across the roof of the truck, and nailed the target on the first shot! Freakin 220 yards with a glock 19 haha.

Jerk made me look bad, and made himself look real good. I tried maybe 15 shots with the glock and couldn't hit it :-(

I also put together some new loads for my .45-70 using unique. 12 grains of unique appears to be more consistent and accurate than my trail boss loads.

12 grains of unique per shot means I have enough powder to load 2150 rounds of .45-70 haha.

That cust my cost down to

3 cents of powder.
3 cents per primer.
28 cents per boolit.

$0.34 for the plinkers. Not bad considering factory ammo is $1.75 a round.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #134
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That is when reloading really makes a difference. Last time I looked up reloading shot gun shells it was .05 cheaper to buy factory loads. With unique less common ammo is where you save the most.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:45 AM   #135
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
That is when reloading really makes a difference. Last time I looked up reloading shot gun shells it was .05 cheaper to buy factory loads. With unique less common ammo is where you save the most.
Without the cost of brass, I'm reloading .308 for about $0.60/rd which is way better than the $1.25-$2.50 per round for comparable (or even inferior) factory match ammo. Add to that the fact you can't find any of the stuff around town anyway...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.