Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 88 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTrick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub Shafts

Unread 01-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #1306
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Stock '05 LJ with ls2, Tons and 40"s!!! STOCK??!!! ROFL
What gun did you shoot it with?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #1307
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have any guns...
Unread 01-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #1308
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm. $500 to set my G17 up with a threaded match grade long barrel, SS guide rod assembly, compensator, and ultimate fulcrum trigger kit.
Do I buy the stuff to compete in stock and unlimited class GSSF matches, or buy a G19? I have to wait until my coupon arrives though, which could be??? I dunno. Anyone know if its all worth the expense? Do the parts really make that big of a difference?
Unread 01-23-2014, 03:41 PM   #1309
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do the parts really make that big of a difference?
Yes. And as important as quality parts, it is the custom fitting of those parts is equally important and make the difference.
Unread 01-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #1310
sirhk100

I could put you in touch with a friend that used to be a very competitive glock shooter that may be able to answer some questions as far as function and improvement and stuff. He did some trigger work on my 19 using no parts at all... Just some custom fine tweaking and it was noticeable on my trigger pull. He's gotten out of the competitive shooting world but still knows his stuff for sure! There's threads on glock forums regarding his work from back when he was into it and they're all very positive from what I've seen. He's a friend I know from the go fast dirt world... To give you an idea of where he comes from, he's friends with and used to shoot against Mark Burkett for example...

Unread 01-23-2014, 04:54 PM   #1311
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice! I'd like that.
Unread 01-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #1312
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Nice! I'd like that.
He's only gonna give you the contact if you promise not to turn around and try not to sell his friend for a quick buck! Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #1313
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

So if one is traveling to Cali soon, as far as I can see on the internets the gun laws are that you must have your gun unloaded in a "fully enclosed container" and the trunk counts for that. Ammo must be in a separate container? Anyone have some insight on taking a gun to socal for a few days and staying legal?
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #1314
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
So if one is traveling to Cali soon, as far as I can see on the internets the gun laws are that you must have your gun unloaded in a "fully enclosed container" and the trunk counts for that. Ammo must be in a separate container? Anyone have some insight on taking a gun to socal for a few days and staying legal?
Don't answer any questions if they stop you and ask. Don't consent to a search. Don't get caught.
Unread 01-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #1315
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Two M1 Carbine magazines and 400 rds of .30 cal ammo for sale...$175
image.jpg  
Unread 01-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #1316
sirhk100

Quote:
Nice! I'd like that.
From my quick conversation on facebook with the friend... I'll get you a link to hit him up there. I'm assuming you're on fb?

Quote:
A friend of mine here in town is considering putting about $500 into his G17 to compete in GSSF matches but isn't sure if all the works is really worth it in the end. He's looking for some real world input on what to expect out of the money spent. Would this be something you'd have some info on and be willing to chat with a little bit with the dude or not something you're really that interested in? Just figured I'd ask since you're about the only know I know with legit extensive glock background...
His reply...

Quote:
I can give him info. I am a GSSF master of the universe match winner so I know what works
Quote:
first thing he needs to do is read the ****ing rules. Most mods will move him to unlimited class where he will likely get his *** raped
Quote:
When I was training all the time with a state of the art unlimited glock I was still not a lock to win that class. I got wins, but they were not easy. Have to be very fast and with perfect accuracy. For example if his plate rack times are not around 2.2 seconds he has no ****ing chance
Quote:
stock amatuer way easier to win and 3 times the prizes

For more reference of who this dude is... Beyond competing this was him too. He doesn't still support/run this though as he's kind of out of the scene for the most part these days. He's now one of the best photo guys in the offroad race scene and actually makes a living doing photo journalism. I see him on the sidelines on TV at like half the Phx. Cardinal's games and crap like that.

http://www.custom-glock.com/index2.html

LOL, same dude in the middle of the post game celebration at the BBW bowl game this year. LOL

Or him at the 49er's game a few weeks back... LOL

He's a cool dude but absolutely hands down the strangest dude I know at the same time!!! Not joking, I'm pretty sure he's had sex with midgets for instance! LOL

Unread 01-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #1317
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Not joking, I'm pretty sure he's had sex with midgets for instance! LOL
So now you are making fun of everyone that has slept with Andy... that's just wrong.
Unread 01-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #1318
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
So now you are making fun of everyone that has slept with Andy... that's just wrong.
Oh this dude has probably gone WAY beyond Andy!!!

Doesn't everyone convince a themed road rally team to carry dick swords for random photo ops?

See the viking horns??? I personally watched him convince multiple strippers at Paris in Ensenada Mx to shove those horns up inside and then he got one of his friends drunk enough to convince them to lick it!!! (and seriously, it's not just a shirt...)

The dude is seriously a friggen freak but he's fun as hell to hang around cause you never know what's coming. Oh, and he knows a thing or two about glocks that's for sure.

Unread 01-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #1319
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lol wtf @ all of the above haha

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 12:18 PM   #1320
sirhk100

What? That's my exposure to gun professionals... I figure you're all freaks like him. Only for a while he was actually making a living as a competitive shooter.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.