Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 76 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 12-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #1126
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,458
X2! What marn said. I am thinking of selling/trading my dillon550 to get an rcbs setup to do my 204, 308, and 357. 9mm and 223 just aren't worth the time involved either way. It's a tedious process, and unless you are truly trying to create accurate rounds or save money on expensive/rare calibers, it not worth it, IMO.

__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #1127
4x4Brit
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 543
Thanks for the posts Gents, some good info. Right now my motivation is to learn the skill of reloading, make an accurate 223 load and save some money about equally. I want to get into some longer distance stuff, first with my AR at 400-600 ranges and then a 308 bolt action that I plan on buying sometime next year.

I am all for the buy once theory. I would go straight to a progressive if I thought I would bulk load 9mm but I think 9mm is still cheap enough to not worry about that. Are the Rock Chucker set ups generally a much higher quality unit? I agree with you Marn, there is no room for scrimping on quality when it comes to things that go bang near your face and hands!
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1128
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,809
My dad and I share a progressive. When the whole ammo craze was really bad we could still load up anything we owned, but we've got all of our supplies pretty bulked up before all the craziness. It made sense before a lot of people were reloading. Now that the demand for components have gone up you don't save the kind of money you used to. I don't really reload much at all anymore because we've gotten to the point where we have a fairly substantial quantity of most the caliber we have. I've also got a shotgun press that I haven't really messed with. We only used to use it for seeing what all you can shoot out.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #1129
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,809
At the same time when ammo gets scarce I shoot ALOT more black powder.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #1130
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I've also got a shotgun press that I haven't really messed with. We only used to use it for seeing what all you can shoot out.
This sounds like it could be fun......
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #1131
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit
Thanks for the posts Gents, some good info. Right now my motivation is to learn the skill of reloading, make an accurate 223 load and save some money about equally. I want to get into some longer distance stuff, first with my AR at 400-600 ranges and then a 308 bolt action that I plan on buying sometime next year.

I am all for the buy once theory. I would go straight to a progressive if I thought I would bulk load 9mm but I think 9mm is still cheap enough to not worry about that. Are the Rock Chucker set ups generally a much higher quality unit? I agree with you Marn, there is no room for scrimping on quality when it comes to things that go bang near your face and hands!
Is this why you are selling your Kahr; to fund reloading supplies? What do you think of that desantis holster?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #1132
4x4Brit
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Is this why you are selling your Kahr; to fund reloading supplies? What do you think of that desantis holster?
The thought crossed my mind but the Kahr is leaving because I want to try something different. It's a great little gun with the 7 round mag but I'm kind of like Marn, gun a.d.d The Desantis is not bad, a solid feel to when drawing from it. It's not as positive reholstering but that's a function of the softer leather. It's comfortable to wear and the adjustable cant is a great feature.

Powrjunkey of course has ruined me talking about the Dillon 550! I made the mistake of watching it work in a their youtube video, that thing is pretty badass with all the addons. Now I want one, lol!
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #1133
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,458
Keep an eye out on CL, BP, and eBay. There are deals to be made on them fairly often, surprisingly. All their stuff is lifetime warranty. I had to send mine in when I first got it, and they replaced everything that was worn, and reset all the adjustments. I just had to pay for shipping.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #1134
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
Just buy the Rock chucker kit
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #1135
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
The thought crossed my mind but the Kahr is leaving because I want to try something different. It's a great little gun with the 7 round mag but I'm kind of like Marn, gun a.d.d The Desantis is not bad, a solid feel to when drawing from it. It's not as positive reholstering but that's a function of the softer leather. It's comfortable to wear and the adjustable cant is a great feature.

Powrjunkey of course has ruined me talking about the Dillon 550! I made the mistake of watching it work in a their youtube video, that thing is pretty badass with all the addons. Now I want one, lol!
I think I guy I work with has a Dillon for sale. I will check with him tomorrow and see if he still has it.
__________________
2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #1136
4x4Brit
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 543
Thanks Roobicon.

I did notice that the Rock Chucker turret kit comes with a lifetime warranty and is only about $70 more than the Lee turret kit.
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #1137
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
Thanks Roobicon.

I did notice that the Rock Chucker turret kit comes with a lifetime warranty and is only about $70 more than the Lee turret kit.
RCBS over Lee any day of the week.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #1138
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. Marneaus
rcbs over lee any day of the week.
x2!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #1139
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,809
Marn I found a new gun for you.
http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...45-70/11480436
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #1140
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
That thing is badass!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.