Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 71 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1051
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
So mid afternoon? Do we want to go out to lovel canyon or just try shoot at the sand pit sign past Sloan?
Why don't we go where Terry and you do your distance shooting from?

MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #1052
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
No but seriously if its too crappy out we can skip.


I wouldn't want any body to risk getting a little dusty or anything. Lol.
You guys wanna borrow the pumper, race suit and helmets from the race truck so that you stay clean? Holy crap, for some jeep people there's a lotta pansy going on in here! I thought you guys were men with your guns and pounding your chests and stuff?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #1053
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 912
We'll eat glass, but dust in our eyes, that's to far!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #1054
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Why don't we go where Terry and you do your distance shooting from?
Because terry will be out there doing long distance shooting, and so will other people.

Sorry but It bugs me when people try to shoot short range out there, its clearly best used for long distance stuff, and whenever we are out there people try to set up down range from us because we are shooting like 400 500 600 800 1000 yards so we either have to stop shooting because they are being dumb and inconsiderate, or we ask them to go somewhere else that they will not be in our line of fire, or they are stuck shooting next to us at whatever distance we are shooting because we got there first.

If people get there first, its a different story, they can shoot wheever they want, but I personally wouldnt go somewhere like that to just plink around because other people will want to use it for long range stuff.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #1055
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,756
I have a beard.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #1056
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Because terry will be out there doing long distance shooting, and so will other people. Sorry but It bugs me when people try to shoot short range out there, its clearly best used for long distance stuff, and whenever we are out there people try to set up down range from us because we are shooting like 400 500 600 800 1000 yards so we either have to stop shooting because they are being dumb and inconsiderate, or we ask them to go somewhere else that they will not be in our line of fire, or they are stuck shooting next to us at whatever distance we are shooting because we got there first. If people get there first, its a different story, they can shoot wheever they want, but I personally wouldnt go somewhere like that to just plink around because other people will want to use it for long range stuff.
We could go just past it on that road to the right, it is big enough for a couple vehicles to park and usually no one is there.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #1057
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

We could go just past it on that road to the right, it is big enough for a couple vehicles to park and usually no one is there.
I'm not familiar with anywhere else out there at the turn off. If you say there is room that's fine. The sandpit turnoff is a lot closer to town tho
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #1058
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I'm not familiar with anywhere else out there at the turn off. If you say there is room that's fine. The sandpit turnoff is a lot closer to town tho
Wherever is fine with me. Figure out what everyone else wants, I'm flexible.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #1059
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,191
How about 1:30 or 2:00 meetup at the gas station at the M?
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #1060
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,885
I'm probably not gonna make it for 2 reasons: I don't actually get off work until 2 so you guys would be long gone by the time I could get there & I have no clue where you guys are talking about.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #1061
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
How about 1:30 or 2:00 meetup at the gas station at the M?
Works for me. And, Bonez its called a map! haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #1062
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,191
You don't know where the M is?

Dammit. Who all is going? Me, Jared, Merrick, Matthew900?

This is like herding cats.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #1063
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,553
Can't leave town until 3 ish, but I'll come out when I'm done

Posted from outer space.
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #1064
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 912
LOL, I guess I'm still in if anyone else is.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #1065
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 912
BOnez, what time you think you would be able to meet us? The M is on south side of town.

Maybe we meet at 3 so Jared can make it? It just gets dark so bloody early now.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.