Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 62 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #916
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am really glad I wasn't the only one that had to have this explained.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #917
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
LOL, well... Guns go bang, beyond that, they're all the same to me so...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #918
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm with you on this one. Unless it has some cool historical context it's a projectile launching device mostly used to break things and on occasion to kill something tasty.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #919
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I always thought that until I shot some really nice guns. I grew up shooting an old model 12 poly choke shot gun. I thought it was really nice, and it is, but it's worth $200 on a good day. Then I was gifted a browning citori, and my eyes were opened to what a good shot gun is.
Go shoot an 870 express then Marns police magnum, you will notice the difference.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #920
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Like my dad's redline?
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #921
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Like my dad's redline?
If he EVER wants to sell, I would really like to know!
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #922
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Picked up a shield in 40 cal last week. Nice little carry piece.

Now to find some mags.... I can't find a 6 round flush mag anywhere in town or online that isn't sold out or on backorder.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #923
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I'm with you on this one. Unless it has some cool historical context it's a projectile launching device mostly used to break things and on occasion to kill something tasty.
Here's the technical mumbo-jumbo....

-870 Police shotguns go thru a special 23 station check list – ranging from visual inspection, functional testing, test firing, and final inspection.

- All Police shotguns are assembled in a “special build area” at the plant in Ilion, NY. This section is secured and serves only to build LE and Military shotguns, with the same factory personnel working at that assignment each shift.

- All parts that enter the “special build area” are visually inspected by hand to ensure top quality and functionality.

- Due to heavy recoil in buck and slug loads, all 870 Police guns have a longer magazine spring which ensures positive feed and function.

-A heavier sear spring is used to generate a reliable, positive trigger pull between 5 and 8 lbs.

-A heavier carrier dog spring is used to ensure when the carrier elevates the shell, it will be held there until the bolt can push it into the chamber. This ensures positive feeding when using heavier payload rounds

-Police shotguns do not have an ISS (Integrated Safety System) which is a locking mechanism on the safety of commercial shotguns. This type of locking mechanism can cause delay to an officer who needs the weapon but does not have the appropriate key. LE shotguns have the standard, proven, cross bolt safety.

-The fore-end on the Express model is longer and not compatible with many police shotgun vehicle racks.

-The Police shotguns utilize the heavy duty SPEEDFEED Stocks and Fore-ends.

-The Express model will not allow for the addition of an extension tube without physical modification to the tube and barrel, which can nullify the warranty.

- The Express model has a BEAD BLAST BLUE finish while the Police models utilize either High Luster bluing or Parkerization.

- The Express model utilizes a synthetic trigger housing while the Police models use a compressed metal housing.

- The Police shotgun barrel is locked down with a “ball detent” system in conjunction with the magazine cap vs. a lesser grade's synthetic magazine spring retainer lockdown as used on the Express system.

- The receivers used in Police guns are “vibra honed” to smooth out rough finishes and remove burrs before parkerization or bluing.

- Police shotguns use machined ejectors and extractors, as opposed to powdered metal cast which are utilized on the Express models.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 04:37 AM   #924
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well when you put it like that... SWEET! I'll trade ya for my express! That thing sounds awesome
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #925
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If anyone has an eotech on their rifle, could I ask you to violate gun safety rule number 1? I'm wondering if the reticle is visible from the bad guy end of the sight in low light situations. If anyone knows, please chime in. Thanks.

Also, if anyone knows where there's an AR short barrel, class III upper available legally, please let me know price. Thanks.
Unread 10-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #926
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
If anyone has an eotech on their rifle, could I ask you to violate gun safety rule number 1? I'm wondering if the reticle is visible from the bad guy end of the sight in low light situations. If anyone knows, please chime in. Thanks.

Also, if anyone knows where there's an AR short barrel, class III upper available legally, please let me know price. Thanks.
No, it only shows on the operator side.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #927
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

there is always stuff on nevada shooters, also, lots of places on line should have stuff in stock.

You know the uppers are not "Class" anything right? You can buy an 8" upper shipped to your door. It only because class III if it's being put on a rifle lower.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #928
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Well when you put it like that... SWEET! I'll trade ya for my express! That thing sounds awesome
Like isaid, its not any on big thing, but sort of a sum of small things that just makes it a "higher grade" if you will

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 10-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #929
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Halloween or real life? Gotta love those bathroom selfies
image-1593470730.jpg

Unread 10-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #930
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

This is because I just told terry he has to dress up at his own Halloween party like 10 times.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.