Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 61 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #901
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Is the bluing that splotchy or is it just the pic? I'm not a fan of the new stuff. Make sure it cycles correctly, I've had 2 friends buy 870's where the chambers were not machined correctly and would not cycle. The ejector would rip through the shell.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #902
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Is the bluing that splotchy or is it just the pic? I'm not a fan of the new stuff. Make sure it cycles correctly, I've had 2 friends buy 870's where the chambers were not machined correctly and would not cycle. The ejector would rip through the shell.
It's not blued. It's pauperized. super super matte finish, so what you're seeing are marks from my hands or the styrofoam or whatever else has touched it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #903
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
It's not blued. It's pauperized. super super matte finish, so what you're seeing are marks from my hands or the styrofoam or whatever else has touched it.
Gotcha. Sorry everything is either stainless or blued. Force of habit. Any plans for it?
Unread 10-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #904
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Gotcha. Sorry everything is either stainless or blued. Force of habit. Any plans for it?
its okay.

my hands were all sweaty from excitement handling it! Lol.

Only plans are adding a factory +2 extension (will arrive tomorrow) and a sling. I already have a specter gear 3 point type sling and mounting plate for the mag tube end cap, but I'm not sure if I want to run that setup on this, or just a classic sling using the factory stud and the stud on the mag tube clamp.

Other than that, it stays stock! it's too classic for a side saddle and all sorts of other stuff.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #905
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Moar pics.
image-2364728754.jpg

image-790510088.jpg

image-3912071458.jpg

image-593372551.jpg

Quote:

Unread 10-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #906
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I may have a synthetic stock if you want. I don't have an 870 anymore and I'll see if it is still in a closet somewhere.
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #907
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing on the LCP trade for G26? Any cash offers? I'll have a better "hands on" inventory of what's actually there either later tonight, or tomorrow.
Unread 10-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #908
jrallen
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Nothing on the LCP trade for G26? Any cash offers? I'll have a better "hands on" inventory of what's actually there either later tonight, or tomorrow.
How many rounds did you say would come with it?
jrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #909
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

363rds, plus 16HP defense rds. May be more of the HP if I can find the box. Anyway, this is what I've found so far... image-3659477211.jpg image-3304994567.jpg
Wow this forum sucks! The photos I try to upload from camera are too big! Stupid. Anyway, you get the idea.
Unread 10-24-2013, 01:47 AM   #910
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm also kicking around the idea of trading/selling the LC9 with lasermax(needs sent in as the laser dot diffuses at times. Still accurate though,) plus two concealment holsters, 2 OEM magazines, and single mag pouch for a G26 as well. One for me, and one for the wife. Haven't completely decided yet, but just throwing out the feelers on this one.
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #911
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I may have a synthetic stock if you want. I don't have an 870 anymore and I'll see if it is still in a closet somewhere.
Lol.

While I appreciate the offer, the entire reason I bought this specific model of shotgun is that it came with wooden police furniture.

On gun broker and davidsons, there were plenty of synthetic 870p's, it was a pain to find a new one with wood.

Quote:

Unread 10-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #912
sirhk100

Sooooo, ummmmmm... Looks like every other shot gun. Besides being new, what's so exciting about it? Serious question...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #913
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Sooooo, ummmmmm... Looks like every other shot gun. Besides being new, what's so exciting about it? Serious question...
Its the Rolls Royce of 870s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #914
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It's a heavy duty version of the 870 but with wood furniture which is apparently a rare combo. The wingmaster is the Rolls of the 870. It has really finely finished walnut furniture. A gentleman's shotgun.
If anyone wants to try shooting sporting clays sometime let me know. It is a whole lot of fun.
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #915
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Its the Rolls Royce of 870s
Maybe not the rolls royce, but a probably a benz.

And not like an S-Class, that would be the wingmaster. If an 870 Wingmaster is an S-Class, this would be more like a Unimog.

Quote:
It's a heavy duty version of the 870 but with wood furniture which is apparently a rare combo. The wingmaster is the Rolls of the 870. It has really finely finished walnut furniture. A gentleman's shotgun.
^ This more or less.

The wingmaster and the one I got are the "top of the line" versions of the 870. The wingmaster is the pretty "sporting" one, used in fowling and shooting clays.... the police version is the "service" one, police departments, military, etc. there are differences in the build of the wingmaster and police over the regular ones that make them higher end, not just appearance but internally too.

(as a side note, lots of police departments used to get wingmasters and use them with short barrels because they are essentially the same)

As scott said, it's just somewhat rare to see a police magnum, even more rare to see one with wood furniture. I think there were like 40 or 50 870 police on gun broker when i bought this, but only 2 or 3 had wood furniture.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.