Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Guns - The Official Southern Nevada/Las Vegas Gun Thread

Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE KitsUCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!

Unread 10-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #856
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Did anyone else read this and think "wow, that's a pretty exact sounding 'around'"?
It's because he rounded it to the nearest tenth of a cent.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #857
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
Around 8.6 cents.
What powder and how much?

If I knock off the 12 cent difference per bullet, looks like I would be right about where you are.

Speaking of which, i have like 600 cases that need trimmed. ugh.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #858
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've decided I'd like to pick up another .22 rifle, but I am picky and cheap. If anyone knows of where I can find a bolt action, tube fed, wood stock, excellent condition rifle capable of firing .22lr (if it fires .22 shorts that would be be pretty cool too, but not necessary) would you please point me in that direction?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #859
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I've decided I'd like to pick up another .22 rifle, but I am picky and cheap. If anyone knows of where I can find a bolt action, tube fed, wood stock, excellent condition rifle capable of firing .22lr (if it fires .22 shorts that would be be pretty cool too, but not necessary) would you please point me in that direction?
Tube fed and bolt action? I don't think they really make those anymore. I've seen an old Marlin with that setup, but I know most .22lr rifles that are tube fed are lever action.
I love the Marlin 60 and the Henry Lever Actions. I know for sure the Henry Lever actions will shoot .22 short as well

I personally think that CZ makes the best .22lr bolt action rifles. And they come with wood stocks, they're just not tube fed

EDIT: http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/xt/XT22.asp
There is still a Marlin bolt action with a tube. I think this is the only one left on the market honestly.
The ones chambered in .22lr will also shoot .22 short.
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 02:42 AM   #860
4x4Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
What powder and how much? If I knock off the 12 cent difference per bullet, looks like I would be right about where you are. Speaking of which, i have like 600 cases that need trimmed. ugh.
It was an 8lb jug but I forget the name. $153 plus shipping.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #861
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282

Tube fed and bolt action? I don't think they really make those anymore. I've seen an old Marlin with that setup, but I know most .22lr rifles that are tube fed are lever action.
I love the Marlin 60 and the Henry Lever Actions. I know for sure the Henry Lever actions will shoot .22 short as well

I personally think that CZ makes the best .22lr bolt action rifles. And they come with wood stocks, they're just not tube fed

EDIT: http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/xt/XT22.asp
There is still a Marlin bolt action with a tube. I think this is the only one left on the market honestly.
The ones chambered in .22lr will also shoot .22 short.
Agreed, that combo is going to be tough to find because it really isnt made anymore, but I don't really NEED another rifle, so I am willing to wait until I can find one for sale. I grew up shooting my fathers tube fed, bolt action, wooden stock .22 (according to him the first time I started shooting it I was 3). I have a Winchester 9422 that I love, but didn't realize it is getting to be worth so much more than the ~$200 I paid when I bought it new so I want to "even out" the usage a bit by snagging another rifle that I know I would enjoy as much for the nostalgia as I would for the functionality. No detachable magazines for me - that's one less thing I will have to forget (the link you shared is magazine fed)
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #862
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Agreed, that combo is going to be tough to find because it really isnt made anymore, but I don't really NEED another rifle, so I am willing to wait until I can find one for sale. I grew up shooting my fathers tube fed, bolt action, wooden stock .22 (according to him the first time I started shooting it I was 3). I have a Winchester 9422 that I love, but didn't realize it is getting to be worth so much more than the ~$200 I paid when I bought it new so I want to "even out" the usage a bit by snagging another rifle that I know I would enjoy as much for the nostalgia as I would for the functionality. No detachable magazines for me - that's one less thing I will have to forget (the link you shared is magazine fed)
I have some old Springfield tube fed 22 I traded for some 45 ammo awhile back. Old iron sights but damn it is accurate. It's probably like a $100 gun, but I love it. They pop up on backpage every now and then. If I were you I'd put an ad on backpage seeking one, you'll probably find some people who have them sitting in their safes, who just never bothered to make an ad for them but are willing to sell.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #863
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
No detachable magazines for me - that's one less thing I will have to forget (the link you shared is magazine fed)
The second rifle on the page, scroll down, is a tube fed version of the marlin, but I don't think it's offered with a wood stock in .22lr, so I guess you still have to look elsewhere. You're probably gonna have to find one used on gunbroker or something
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #864
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Chad,

Look around on backpage for some old used Mossbergs or Savages or winchesters or remingtons or what have you. There are a number of the mossbergs that are tube fed bolt actions.

You saw the pic of that 75 year old thing I have,that was actually a freebie. A guy here at work got a Remington 511 the other month at a yaard sale for $22.00. The bolt was crammed into it wrong and the safety was detached but included. He gave it to me, i took it home, spent 20 minutes cleaning it u;p and fixing the safety, and gave it back. now he has a $150-$200 rifle.

I REALLY like fiddling with things, and I'm finding I really like old guns, especially old .22's. I constantly scan backpage for cheap stuff.

Also, you cann never go wrong with a Marlin/Glenfield 60, and they are a dime a dozen (regularly see used ones for like 100-150). But they are semi auto tube fed.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #865
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Chad...

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...arrel/11159575

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...ition/11190547

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...el-60/10870193

This could be a winner for you? Single shot.

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...sl-lr/11133911

Unread 10-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #866
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lol, or you can buy a non-octagon winchester 62 for $1000? lol. If it was octagon it would maybe be $800? Thbis is what my little $200 nickle plated Rossi .22 that you shot is a copy of.

http://lasvegas.backpage.com/SportsE...el-62/11183959

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #867
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I have a package in transit right now that I'm very very excited about. It will be arriving at New Frontier Armory on Thursday. Blah I hate waiting! But I could not find this item locally.

Also have another package en route that goes with that package, but it's being shipped to me............cant wait!

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #868
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Man those are some great looking rifles! I especially like that Marlin 60SS, if it wasn't semi-auto I would be all over that! I am pretty firm on no semi-auto though, and single shot doesn't do it for me. I LOVE that Winchester 62, but no way I am gonna spend $1K on a plinker
Unread 10-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #869
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Man those are some great looking rifles! I especially like that Marlin 60SS, if it wasn't semi-auto I would be all over that! I am pretty firm on no semi-auto though, and single shot doesn't do it for me. I LOVE that Winchester 62, but no way I am gonna spend $1K on a plinker
There are a few on gun broker for like 300-500 in what appears to be similar shape, that guy is way off.

Unread 10-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #870
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I posted an ad on BP this morning like you suggested. Hopefully I get a response or two.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.